After trying and researching about 25+ types of cat litter, we discovered the Arm & Hammer Cat Litter that deals with all litter box issues effectively.
Are you tired of constantly dealing with stinky litter boxes and clumpy litter that just doesn’t seem to do the job? As cat owners, we know the struggle all too well. That’s why we took it upon ourselves to do some research and find the best brand for all of our feline’s litter needs. And guess what we discovered? Arm & Hammer is the way to go!
This brand has a solution for every specific concern you may have, whether it’s odor control, quick clumping, dust-free, or anti-microbial. Plus, their extensive range of products has made them a household favorite among cat owners for years. Want to know what sets Arm & Hammer apart from the rest? Keep reading to find out!
A Glance of Our Favorites in 2023
Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal Platinum Cat Litter
- Specially formulated for a multi-cat household
- Creates a firm and hard clumps
- Long-lasting odor control
Arm & Hammer Slide Easy Clean Up Clumping Cat Litter
- It makes litter changing, cleaning, and replacing very easy
- Suitable for multiple cats
- Slides out of the box and requires no scrubbing and scraping
Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Review
The Arm & Hammer Company was started by John Dwight and Dr. Austin Church in the year 1846. It has been in the pet industry for around 170 years now. It manufactures a range of pet products that have made it easy for pet parents to manage their households.
Arm & Hammer also has its own range of powerful baking soda, which is known to curb strong smell and ammonia odor very effectively. Apart from that, Arm & Hammer have a varied range of pet products like laundry materials, toothpaste, and items related to personal care.
Arm & Hammer has been successful in winning the hearts of people as their range of cat litters perform better than any other. As per what they claim, their formulas are very strong and effective in curbing odor, producing less dust, and being easy to manage and clean.
Arm & Hammer has been a promising brand that has never failed to deliver results and is preferred by most cats as well. Their certain range of products is steeply-priced but if you are looking out for quality, then paying the price should not pinch your pockets.
It is believed that their litter also contains harsh chemicals that may not be safe for small kittens. However, we offer you a detailed review and help you decide which type of Arm & Hammer litter is best to suit your kitty’s needs.
What Kinds of Litter does Arm & Hammer Offer?
Arm & Hammer is the only brand that offers a wide range of cat litter to suit every feline’s needs. If your cat’s box is smelling bad, if the pellets produce excess dust, if your cat’s box is cultivating harmful pathogens, or if you simply require a product that is easy to clean, Arm & Hammer “literally” has a solution for all.
We have reviewed the Top 5 products amongst the entire range of Arm & Hammer Cat Litters. As per our findings, these are the most preferred choices amongst cat owners. Read on to find out!
1. Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal Platinum Cat Litter
The Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Platinum Cat Litter is a complete odor sealing formula that is specially formulated for multi-cat households. It is very strong and has a proprietary blend of moisture-activated micro granules.
The Clump and Seal Formula offers 7 days of odor control guaranteed and the granules are very fine and soft which feels gentle on your feline’s paws. The micro-granules helps absorb and lock the odor particles easily.
- 7-day odor protection formula
- Complete odor sealing and superb strength for multi-cat households
- Creates firm and hard clumps
- Consists of soft micro-particles
The formula also has baking soda that destroys the odor upon coming in contact with the molecules. It helps keep your house fresh and clean and controls strong litter box smells. However, the granules are very tiny in size and can form dust quite easily.
- Excellent odor control properties
- Soft texture
- Long-lasting odor control
- It has a light scent that cats dislike
- It is very sandy and can cause tracking
2. Arm & Hammer Slide Easy Clean Up Clumping Cat Litter
If you are tired of scraping sticky pellets from your feline’s box every now and then, then the Arm & Hammer Slide Easy Clean Up Clumping Cat Litter comes to your rescue. It makes litter changing, cleaning, and replacing very easy.
All you have to do is, lift the box, pour the waste in the trash bag and it SLIDES through the box without leaving a speckle! No more scraping and scrubbing needed. It comes with a patented EZ Clean technology that helps in managing your cat’s box.
- Patented EZ Clean Technology for easy cleaning and scooping without scraping
- 100% dust free formula
- Clump and Seal Technology to reduce odors quickly and easily
- Long lasting 7 day odor control formula
This formula is also known to offer effective odor control for 7 days. It has baking soda to absorb the odor particles and has a very sandy texture. The product is suited for multi-cat households as well.
- Slides out of the box and requires no scrubbing and scraping
- Gives 7-day odor protection and control
- Suitable for multiple cats
- It does not form very firm clumps
- The texture is very sandy and may form dust
3. Arm & Hammer Cloud Control Platinum Clumping Cat Litter
If you fear that your cat might get allergic to the litter because of the dust that forms during pouring and sifting, then the Arm & Hammer Cloud Control Platinum Clumping Cat Litter takes care of it all. It is safe and hypoallergenic and forms no dust clouds during sifting and managing your feline’s wastes.
It has a Dander Shield Technology to prevent ”cloud of nasties” in your cat’s box or any mess on your floorings and carpets. It also possesses an allergy-free scent for kitties sensitive to the slightest smells and fragrances.
- Dander Shield Technology to prevent nasty dust clouds
- Mild scent to prevent odor
- 7-day odor control guaranteed
- Natural plant-derived particles
It is suitable for multi-cat homes and promises 7-day odor control guaranteed. The particles are very tiny and soft and feel very gentle on your feline’s sensitive paws.
- Provides protection from dander and dust
- Hammer baking soda helps in controlling strong odor
- Hypoallergenic and good for sensitive cats
- Comes with a mild scent that may not suit picky cats
- The texture is very sandy which may form dust
4. Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Cat Litter
Double the strength means double the odor control and twice the action with the Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter. It is light in weight and has 20% more odor eliminators that can withhold dirty odor even for multiple cats.
It has moisture-activated baking soda crystals that eliminate odor particles upon coming in contact with cat urine. It forms hard clumps for easy scooping and is suitable for multi-cat households.
- 20% more odor eliminators than any other cat litter
- Moisture activated odor control granules
- Effective for urine as well as fecal odor
- Forms firm and hard clumps
The product claims to be 99% dust free and is capable of controlling both urine and feces odor very effectively. It is much better than the original clump and seal formulas offered by the same brand.
- 20% more odor neutralizers than original formula which helps in curbing odor
- Moisture activated odor control
- Suitable for multi-cat households
- Forms firm and hard clumps that offers ease of scooping
- Very fine granules can cause tracking
- The mild scent may not please certain picky cats
5. Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter
For an all-in-one cat litter, which is suitable for an entire family of felines in your house, Arm & Hammer offers the Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter. It offers superior odor control and eliminates dirty smell from around the box and your house.
It also features a moisture lock formula which makes the litter super absorbent. This helps in easy clumping and scooping. It also forms hard and firm clumps so all the dirt does not crumble down. It is available in both scented and unscented variants.
- Contains baking soda crystals
- Instant odor destroyers
- Long-lasting odor blockage
- Multi-cat strength
- 99% dust-free
The litter has baking soda crystals which help in odor locking and instantly destroy filthy smell coming from your cat’s box. The odor blockers keep the box smelling fresh for long, making it suitable for multi-cat households as well.
- Has scented and unscented variants for picky cats
- Multiple cat strength
- 99% dust free formula
- The scented variant is too overwhelming for some cats
Other Kinds of Arm & Hammer Cat Litter
Check the list below for the other types of litter offered by Arm & Hammer:
Arm & Hammer Black Box Clumping Litter
- Clump & Seal AbsorbX Lightweight (Scented and Unscented Variants)
- Clump & Seal Complete Odor Sealing Litter
- Clump & Seal Complete Odor Sealing Fresh Home
- Cloud Control Breathe Easy Litter
- Slide Easy Clean-Up Multi-Cat Litter
- Slide Easy Clean-Up Non-Stop Odor Control
- Microguard Odor Sealing Cat Litter
- Lightweight Odor Sealing Litter (Scented and Unscented variants)
- Lightweight Odor Sealing Litter (Fresh Scent)
Arm & Hammer Traditional Litter
- Double Duty Clumping Cat Litter
- Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter (Original and Unscented Variants)
- Super Scoop Clumping Litter (Fragrance-Free and Fresh Scent Variants)
- Ultra Last Clumping Litter
Arm & Hammer Lightweight Litter
- AbsorbX Lightweight Clumping Litter (Original and Unscented Variants)
- Lightweight Odor Sealing Clumping Litter (Original and Unscented Variants)
- Lightweight Odor Sealing Clumping Litter (Fresh Scent)
Arm & Hammer Natural Ingredients Litter
- Naturals Clumping Litter
- Feline Pine Clumping Litter
- Feline Pine Non-Clumping Pine Pellet Litter
Arm & Hammer Cat Litter | Is it Worth It?
Now arises the main question, whether Arm & Hammer Cat Litter is Worth It? The brand has a vast variety of products to offer and have been in the pet industry for years now. This makes it a reliable brand and every customer’s favorite.
However, it is to remember that no litter is perfect and has its own set of advantages and disadvantages just like Arm & Hammer’s range of cat litters has. We help you measure the pros and cons which will help you make a better choice amongst the range of products offered.
- Offers Superior Odor Control
- Long-lasting and powerful action
- Effective even for multi-cat households
- Certain range of products offer moisture-activated scent
- Contains active baking soda crystals for odor absorption
- Innovative technologies used to manage your cat’s litter box
- Soft textured granules for feline’s sensitive paws
- The granules are very tiny and too dusty
- The scented range of products can be too overwhelming for certain cats
- Cause tracking due to being lightweight
- The granules have a very sandy consistency
- Due to the strong smell from most varieties, it needs to be mixed with other mild types of litter
After researching and asking various feline parents who have been using Arm & Hammer Cat Litter, these are our ratings (out of 5) for the product:
- Range of products: 5/5
- Clumping ability: 4/5
- Odor Control: 4/5
- Low Tracking: 3/5
- Dust: 3/5
- Multi-cat strength: 4/5
Overall Ratings: 4 out of 5
Is Arm & Hammer Cat litter safe for kittens?
Yes! Arm & Hammer Cat Litter is safe for kittens above 3 months old. Arm & Hammer Litter is very soft and hypoallergenic. However, if your cat has a habit of ingesting litter, then it is better to avoid before it causes further complications.
Which Arm & Hammer Cat Litter is the best?
There is an Arm & Hammer Cat Litter for each type and need. However, our personal favorite is the Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter.
It is highly absorbent, offers superior odor control, and has moisture lock technology making it suitable for multi-cat households.
How long does a bag of Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Cat Litter last?
Generally, a pack of Arm & Hammer Cat Litter should last for a month for a single cat which makes it cost-effective. However, this depends upon the frequency of use and the number of cats using the litter in your household.
How to buy Arm & Hammer Cat Litter?
Arm & Hammer Cat Litter can be purchased from Amazon or from Chewy.com. It is also available across various stores which can be located on their official website.
What if my cat eats the Arm & Hammer Clumping Cat Litter?
If your cat ingests litter, it is not normal as it can cause intestinal blockage. Your pet should be rushed to the veterinarian immediately.
Here is our final opinion on the Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Range:
Arm & Hammer Cat Litter is the best range of cat litters for superior odor control and suitable for multi-cat households. However, its sandy texture and dusty nature along with the overwhelming scent can be a turn-off for felines and cat owners.
Ignoring the demerits of the product, we suggest that you choose one from amongst the varied range of cat litters that Arm & Hammer has to offer. It has a type for each litter box issue, from superior odor control to high absorbance, to quick clumping, easy scooping, and low dust.
We suggest that you read our reviews and explore the various types and features of the product that can help you choose which is the best-suited type as per your feline’s litter box.
- EMPOWERING PRODUCTS. EMPOWERING PEOPLE. — Arm & Hammer
- “Slide” Cat Litter Review: Is It Worth the Hype? — Pet Helpful
- What is Cat Litter Made of?— PetMD