We have selected the best cat calming sprays. So after reading this article, you be sure about which one you should buy for your cute feline friend.
If you are a cat owner who just landed here, say no more! We know that you’re definitely looking for solutions on why your feline friend is behaving unusually. The reasons could be divergent, but the remedy is only one, cat calming sprays. You need them if you have a cat not being herself lately.
Though they are very skittish in nature, you can easily spot the difference in manners. This happens when your cat is stressed, upset, or anxious.
To calm her down, there is no better option than cat calming sprays.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2022
Feliway Cat Calming Pheromone Spray
- Comes in a spray bottle and long-lasting
- It is drug-free
- Reduces scratching, itching issue of cats
Bestlife4pets Pet Relax Calming
- Does not contain any artificial formula
- You can get the outcome within few days
- Includes no drowsy formula
The 10 Best Cat Calming Sprays Reviews
You can find several feline calming sprays on the internet, which could make things difficult for you, but don’t lose your sleep for it. We have filtered the best ones for you. Keep in mind how much an owner loves its cat to pieces. Reviewing the best calming spray for cats.
1. Feliway Cat Calming Pheromone Spray
Feliway Cat Calming Pheromone Spray is so far the best cat calming spray. Why trust us? The most recommended by the vet on number 1 position. Is your cat showing unstable behavior like hiding, hissing at you, peeing outside the litter box, scratching furniture, etc.? She’s suffering from stress and anxiety.
Pet cats can develop stress and anxiety in various situations; mostly, they do so when they have practically no influence over their assets. Or when they have to share their beloved owners with other pets.
Introducing a new Feliway cat calming Spray provides “glad messages” by mimicking the normal cat consoling messages (pheromones) which makes them feel more relaxed, quiet, and agreeable at home.
Unlike us, cats are not a big fan of moving to new places or traveling; this can give them a huge anxiety attack! And results in scratching crates or continuously meowing while traveling. To prevent this situation, just spray some inside the cat carriers or car; you are ready to roll!
Now, you must be wondering if this is all-natural or contains a particular amount of drug, bursting all the misconception here, it is drug-free! Yes, that means no drowsy cats or sleepy heads when in use.
- Feliway has been clinically demonstrated to diminish unwanted practices from focused and restless felines.
- It is prescribed by most veterinarians to assist cats in stressful situations.
- Drug free so that you can keep your cats from having long term side effects.
- Clinically proven, reduce cats scratching, peeing out the litter boxes, marking here and there, fighting with other cats.
- Last up to 50 times of use, comes in a spray bottle of 60ml.
- This is the most loved cats calming spray, discovered no negative review during the research.
2. Bestlife4pets Pet Relax Calming
So what if our cats can’t speak to us? But they can definitely express feelings to us. You find your cat not using her litter box, hiding, hissing at you, spoiling carpets and sofa with her nails? Wondering what could be the matter, it all because she’s trying to tell you something. Yes, cats do this when they are afraid or scared.
If your cat has not acknowledged well to cat pheromone sprays or calming diffusers, then you need to switch asap! On Bestlife4pets Pet Relax, cat calming spray. It is a combination of 5 soothing original essences, cherry plums to stop the aggression, Star of Bethlehem to ease shock and trauma.
Clematis to reinstate focus and attention, Rock Rose to diminish feelings of panic, and Inpatients to help relieve separation anxiety. This is a blend of such unique herbs. On top of that, it’s non-addictive, so that you can rely on it without any fear.
If you have a sick cat with medical treatment going on, choosing a suitable cat calming spray is no big deal now! It’s natural and has zero side effects. Your pet won’t suffer, and you can give her the life she deserves.
- It does not contain any artificial formula, made up of all-natural ingredients, so they are safe and natural with no side effects.
- Keeps your pet calm and relaxed, which means no more struggle between you and your pet.
- Unlike few cat calming products in market, this one have no-drowsy formula so that you don’t find your cat sleeping like a baby every time you use it.
- Made up of 5 different and natural herbs, each have medicinal properties to deal with the stress and cat’s anxiety.
- Spray it on parts where your feline friend creates most destruction, and you can see visible results within 2-3 uses.
- This calming cat spray is so good and full of qualities that we can’t find any negative point even after heavy research.
3. Nature’s Miracle Just for Cats Spray
Every cat is different, sometimes they can be mean just like the others, but that doesn’t matter as you’re always going to love her to pieces. If you wish to correct your cat’s behavior or want to make her relax in stressful situations, you need Nature’s Miracle Cat Spray, which just works up to its name! With that, it’s also very affordable.
This cat calming spray is very helpful in promoting relaxation. Whatever the reason is, proper pet care is to be taken. This is why you need this one-stop solution. Keeping in mind the negative/long-term side effect of sedatives, this product uses a non-sedating formula.
This spray is solely made for use in feline crates and regions in which your cat has shown poor behaviors. Avoid using directly on them. You can spray before 10-15 minutes for a better result. Few ingredients like water, herbal extracts, flower extracts, and plant seed extracts give the goodness of nature.
Most of the cat owners with multi-cats households are benefitted from this spray. It helps in reducing the fight among cats. It makes all cats feel comfortable. This feature is a lifesaver as no one wish to deal with a catfight!
- This cat calming spray has a good value for money compared to other products.
- One of the best products in market to promote relaxation and treats hyperactivity in cats.
- A long-lasting spray for your cat so that you don’t have to reuse it over and over again.
- It is non-sedative, which prevents your cat from excessive sleep and drowsiness.
- Though it’s not harmful, it can cause irritation in the eyes. Never spray around the sensitive areas where your cat can reach directly.
4. Comfort Zone Spray
Comfort Zone Spray is the most desirable cat calming spray. And why it won’t be? Have all the important key features covered! Cats are 14 times more sensible towards smell than us. So if your feline friend refuses to sniff in a place with artificial odors, it’s a boon! Yes, it’s completely odorless.
Many of us, being pet owners are worried about certain things while using any cat relaxing spray. One of the concerns Is that she might cultivate a habit for it! But it’s not true with comfort zone spray; it is drug and habit-forming-free. It is harmless. You can use it on all surfaces as well as around animals or humans.
When your cat is stress, she is most likely to scratch or mark around at unusual places; this is a coping mechanism use by them to deal with anxiety and stress. Sprayed around such corners, and you can see a visible difference within 2 weeks.
This is also a great choice for traveling. Your cat can hesitate to go inside a crate because they are creatures of habit, so when you take them away from routine, anxiety kicks in! But you don’t have to sacrifice your road trip worrying about them. Spray some cat calming spray inside the crate, and she will love to be at peace.
- It is veterinary recommended, as it’s very safe to use around pets as well as humans.
- Help to reduce the urine marking, scratch control which result into less destruction.
- Drug free, so it won’t make your cat sleepy or drowsy. Unlike the rest of products.
- Some cats really don’t like the artificial smell, they refuse to even go near such corners, which is why this spray is unscented.
- This might be quite expensive for some users, but it’s worth the price.
5. Relaxivet Pheromone Calming Spray
A feline parent must already be knowing that how moody she can get at times. Isn’t that the most prominent feature of these curious creatures? But if you find noticeable changes in her mood, it’s time to use The Relaxivet Pheromone Calming Spray.
Not just correction of cat’s behavior is necessary, but to detect the reason behind it. Mostly it is because of stress or anxiety, from traveling, other pets, vet visits, or thunderstorms! A one-stop solution for both of these issues. Corrects undesirable actions.
The calming effect of the spray will stay up to 6 hours and takes only 15 minutes to act. This allows you to use it in unplanned situations. For instance, if a firework, you are not ready that something like this is going to take place, the cat starts to panic, just spray it, you don’t have to wait because it starts working.
- The calming method incorporates pheromones and herbal ingredients. It has a useful impact on the nervous system.
- Can be use in cases like thunderstorm, vet visit, new pet in family, behavior correction, scratching, extreme meowing, etc.
- Works quickly, take no more the 15 minutes to start the action, makes it desirable and useful.
- You can also use this to control the urge of your cat’s sexual hunting with this cat calming spray.
- Some ingredients can be harmful if swollen, that’s why you should never spray on your pet.
6. Pet Mastermind Cat Spray
The Pet Mastermind Cat Calming Spray comes in a very attractive bottle, which is definitely an eye-catcher! When anxiety or stress gets hold of your cat, increased activity, concealment, destruction, and excessive vocalization are the most noticeable behavioral changes.
With this spray, you can get back your cute cat the way she was before anxiety hit her! This formula is a unique take on cat pheromone. It blends organically simulated relaxing herbs. So when in doubt, just spray on places your cat usually reside, and you are good to go!
If you are worried about it being harsh on your cat’s skin, drop them all here! Because it contains ingredients that are natural and harmless.
- Encourage calm behavior in cats, which makes it so easy for you to deal with unwanted situations.
- The use of a calming herbal formula can help with stress-related behavioral disorders.
- Very easy to use as it comes in a one step spray bottle.
- A good option to use if your cat have sensitive skin.
- This cat calming spray is available in a smaller bottle than different brands, however it doesn’t affect that much as it packs a pretty big punch. Good option for short term use.
7. Richard’s Organics Pet Calm
If you are someone who thinks that my pet is a very calm creature, why would I need something like this? Then you’re probably wrong! Even the calmest cat can face anxiety in situations like car rides, thunderstorms, new pets in the house, vet trips, etc.
Richards Organic Pet Calm is a very different and organic solution to these problems as it contains passionflower extract, chamomile, valerian root extract, skullcap extract. These ingredients are best when it comes to relieve tension, anxiety and encourage sound sleep.
The dropper allows you to select how you want your pet to consume it. Though many of the cats love the taste, in case they don’t, you can add a few drops in cat food. It makes it very easy to use. Don’t worry; this will not make your pet drowsy or overly sleepy because it contains no drugs.
- 100% natural, so you don’t have to worry about your pet consuming it.
- Relieves stress and anxiety from cats, gives them an effect they had never experienced before.
- The medical property of these ingredients, used to deal with pet’s anxiety, nervousness, excitability, depression, and poor sleep patterns.
- Safe for cats and dogs, it doesn’t give a drowsy effect or make them too sleepy.
- It may not be the best option for long-term behavioral difficulties, as great for assisting pets in dealing with anticipated stressful occasions.
8. Sentry Calming Spray
There are moments in life when we can’t give 100% attention to our pets; they can get anxiety and other issues. We need the support of products like Sentry Calming Spray. They give you a total solution to all these problems, whether you’re traveling or taking your cat to the vet.
She might feel scared; just spray a small burst before your cat steps into that particular spot. Sit back and relax! You’ll have the most peaceful experience. Besides, this is not only limited to few uses. If your meow has developed a habit of scratching and marking at home, this can be used.
These sprays work not let you down, as it has been clinically proven that it calms cats in stressful situations. You can use it directly on beds and furniture; it’s very effective and safe.
- Calms anxious and stressful cats successfully, it is scientifically proven.
- If your cat feels anxious in crates or car rides, this spray works best to ease up.
- Very safe and effective to use so that you can spray directly on the area you want your cat to be.
- One small burst is enough, which make it a good option for sustainable use.
- Sentry sprays may not be effective in reducing a cat’s hostility toward its owner or other pets.
9. Yay Pet Calming Spray
Just like us, our pets can get or develop stress and anxiety at times. For their better health, this needs to be taken care of. They can show a behavior that is either very repulsive or aggressive. Yay Pet Claiming deals with all these issues very smoothly.
Natural calming oils like hemp & lavender are very healthy for cats; it helps them to relax for day to day business. Besides that, it is also useful for cats suffering from pain, inflammation, or other symptoms as a result of illnesses or conditions.
It contains pheromones for a more effective solution; the effect starts after 15 minutes and stays up to 6 hours. Just spray it wherever you want it to be effective, and your good to go. This makes it easy to use.
- Tested by veterinarians, it makes it super safe to use as it is made up of all natural ingredients, with no toxic element.
- Takes only 15 minutes to start working, which make it superfast.
- Help to reduce stress and anxiety of cats, make them feel safe, comfortable and relax.
- Prevent spraying and scratching for a longer time, happy cat is healthy cat.
- The spray can leave a stain or mark. However, because there are so many materials, it’s best to do a test spot before spraying an entire piece.
10. Pet Organics No-Stress Spray
The Pet Organics No Stress Spray has a mild, pleasant fragrance. It helps the cat to feel relax and more comfortable. It works in the same way a mother comforts her kitten. It sends a signal to the brain of the cat, suggesting that there is no need to feel scared. work best for cats who are not much aggressive.
Have a pet who refuses to behave politely? Leaves you with no option other than landing on our page? Don’t worry; cats can be hard to deal with sometimes. Using this spray is a better option than just making the situation worse. Rosemary oil is one of the best ingredients for your feline friend.
Besides, this spray is completely safe to be used on the surface, which makes it multitasking. This is aromatherapy for your feline friend. For optimal outcomes, start 30 minutes before the stressor. Unlike the others, this one is also effective on dogs.
- Reduces stress and comfort cats who are anxious and nervous.
- Made up of all natural ingredients, which make is super safe to use.
- Contains mild scent as it have Rosemary, which is totally safe for cats.
- make the environment fresh with its mild scent.
- Contains a mild scent which can turn off some cats, if used in larger quantity.
How to Choose the Best Cat Calming Sprays
There are a lot of misconceptions on the internet about cat calming sprays; I assume it must have been cleared by now, after reading the above mention reviews. The only thing you need to keep in mind while choosing the best spray for your kitty is mention below.
While choosing the best cat calming spray, always have a look at the ingredients used in it. To be sure that your feline doesn’t have any sensitivity. Some of them contain liquor as a solvent for their unnatural pheromones; in this case, they give 15 minutes to settle down.
A pro-tip, never skip reading the directions to use. Most of these sprays are for smelling only, so make sure you or your cat doesn’t digest them. So stop yourself from spraying it around the cat’s eating area.
Pheromone vs Natural
There are mainly two types of cat calming spray. Natural calming spray and feline pheromone spray, some of these products have all-natural herbs with medicinal properties, and some are those which are designed with synthetic cat calming pheromones. The choice is yours, which one you prefer for your cat to have. It can also depend on her comfort and cat breeds.
Being a cat owner, you should understand when your cat is behaving like a cat or when she’s showing unusual behavior. She can show behavior problems, either when if she’s upset, sad, or stress. You need to detect the need for these sprays based on the frequency of such patterns. If it’s very often, then having a cat calming spray is necessary.
While these products are very safe to use, you need to take care of the amount you spray around your cat. Avoid frequent use of it, as it can be harmful around sensitive skin. The spray should be aimed at the troubled area. Some of them take 15-20 minutes to settle down; the rest are ready to use instantly and long-lasting.
FAQs About Cat Calming Sprays
Which is the best cat calming spray?
Feliway cat calming pheromone is the best spray. With the least or no negative reviews, most recommended by the vet on number 1 position. Clinically proven, it reduces 90% of cats scratching, peeing out the litter box, marking here and there, fighting with other cats.
Bestlife4pets pet relax calming is in the second position because it is made up of 5 different and natural herbs and essential oils; each has medicinal properties to deal with the stress and anxiety of pets.
How much does the cat calming spray cost?
Sprays to calm cats start from $3 to $25. If you are on a budget and want to buy less expensive spray, then you can go for nature’s miracle just for cats spray. It is the cheapest yet very useful and has all the qualities one look for their cats.
Is cat calming spray safe?
Yes, they are safe to use. No long-term side effects had been experienced. But one should always look thoroughly for the ingredients as some of them might contain harmful substances which can make your cat extremely sleepy or drowsy.
When to use cat calming spray?
When you start to notice unusual behavior of your cats like peeing outside the cat litter box, marking around the house, fighting with other pets or new pets, while traveling, vet visit, fireworks, etc.
In such situations, where she can feel anxious or stressed, you are supposed to use cat calming spray at such times. Or whenever you feel that she’s not her usual self.
Cats need calming spray in various situations as they help them to feel much safer than before, which helps in correcting bad behavior patterns. These cat calming sprays have various forms, mainly natural and formulated with synthetic pheromones. You need to decide which one is best for your cat.
The right one will reduce your cat’s stress and make your life much easier. Instead of punishing your cat, focus on how to solve this unusual behavior!
We hope you found this article helpful, don’t forget to share it with your other cat parents too!