Bengal cats are of mixed cat breeds between an Asian leopard cat and a domesticated cat. These cats are hyperactive and athletic, so they need a completely balanced diet.
Moreover, these cats need a very specific diet containing all the vitamins and minerals. A perfect food product or a mixture of two food products might do the magic.
What can be the best cat food for Bengals? This is the question that has crossed the mind of all the Bengal cat parents, at least once. Well, the answer is here.
A Quick Glance at the Winners of 2022
Purina Fancy Wet Cat Food
- Includes natural ingredients to support a balanced diet
- Contains a mixture of different types of food and meat
- Provides enough quantity
Feline Natural Canned Cat Food
- A high amount of animal protein and fiber
- No fillers preservatives or chemicals are added
- Contains 98% of meat and mussels
The 10 Best Cat Food for Bengals Reviews
Bengals are one of the most intelligent, active, and exotic-looking cat species. Hence, they need a special diet that would help them to carry on with their nature.
Food products that contain preservatives and harmful chemicals can be unsafe for cats. After reaching and studying the products, I have created a list of food products.
I hope this list of the best food for Bengal cats that are all-natural and best guide your cat to a healthy path.
1. Purina Fancy Wet Cat Food
Purina Fancy wet cat food is a science-led formulated cat food that is one of the best-wet cat foods for Bengals. It contains all the natural contents and has well-balanced nutrition and minerals.
The texture of each bite is tender and full of meaty nutrients, which is the main reason for this soft and tasty treat. Turkey is the main ingredient of this fancy cat food, which ensures a high amount of animal protein.
This is wet cat food, comes in three different flavors, moreover, you can mix it with other dry or wet cat food. This single pack has 24 tins, each tin has 85 grams of food, which is enough for a one-time meal for an adult Bengal cat.
“To conclude, we think this is the overall best cat food for Bengals.”
- This canned food is 100% made from natural ingredients to support a balanced diet.
- Purina Fancy wet cat food contains a mixture of different types of food and meat. So, your cat can have the best Bengal cat food.
- Each tin of cat food contains the exact amount of food that is enough for a meal required to feed an adult Bengal cat.
- The bits of the meat is soft, tender, and tasty, so the cats can chew and eat the bits.
- You can mix it for a different flavor or can mix it with dry foods.
- Once the tin is in use, you need to store it in an airtight container or the cat food may go bad.
2. Feline Natural Canned Cat Food
The best thing to feed your Bengal felines would be a type of food that will be high in protein, vitamins & minerals. Bengal cats need this type of food because of their hyperactive nature.
Feline Natural canned cat food can be a good way to go if you want to feed your cat with this type of food product. This natural cat food is completely made from meat. It is a mixture of lamb and real poultry, which are both great protein sources. This can be one of the best cat foods for Bengal cats.
It comes in an airtight food bin that maintains the freshness of the food. This mixture is free from gluten, rice, soy, and wheat. Furthermore, it doesn’t contain plant-based protein or starch, which helps with muscles formation, maintaining weight, and a healthy digestive system.
- Feline canned food contains a high amount of animal protein and fiber that help the cat to be healthy.
- Although it is a type of canned food, the food is free of fillers, preservatives, and chemicals.
- As cats are generally inclined towards protein, this food product is good for cats.
- Feline canned food is completely made from 98% of meat, organs, and green mussels.
- Feline Natural canned cat food can be a bit expensive, but for the health of our babies, it is worth it.
3. Tiki Cat Succulent Chicken Canned Cat Food
My Bengal cat is a picky eater, after trying various types of cat food for my cats, I stumbled upon this food product. Trust me, if your cat is mine like a “picky eater” then this product is for you.
Tiki cat succulent canned cat food contains real chicken. A good volume of vegetable stock is what makes this product different. Vegetable stock contains water from vegetables that helps cats with hydration.
You can give this food to your cat as it is, or mix it with other dry or wet cat food. Its mixture consists of chicken recipes and fish. Moreover, it doesn’t contain filler.
- This succulent mix contains chicken and fish for unmatched energy and healthy skin.
- Due to having a liquid texture, it is a good source of hydration.
- It doesn’t contain potatoes and is grain-free, so there is no unnecessary starch and carbohydrates.
- As per the food quality, the price of the food product cost less.
- Tiki cat succulent is a pure mixture of meat, seafood, taurine, vitamins, and minerals.
- Due to its moisture-rich texture, the food gets spoiled and gets an odor in them.
4. Purina One Indoor Adult Cat Food
Your Bengal cat needs proper nourishment and diet food to live a healthy life. Even the indoor Bengal cats are active and athletic. Thus, they need an adequate amount of food with rich nutritional value.
Purina one Bengal cat food is the perfectly balanced cat food that will help your adult Bengal cats to grow. The main ingredient in this food product is turkey, which is rich in protein content.
Veterinarian approved, this dry cat food comes in a 16lb (ca. 7 kg) bag. A single serving contains 38% protein. Rich in antioxidants, this adult food will help the cat in maintaining her weight, improve immunity, and control hairball problems.
- This dry cat food is high in protein that will help your cat to stay active.
- Purina one is a dry cat food product. Thus, it will be easy to store and will stay fresh for a long time.
- Having a high amount of antioxidants will help your cat in losing extra weight and stay healthy.
- The product helps in reducing or preventing hairball problems in adult cats.
- If not stored in an airtight container, the food may form chunks.
5. Blue Buffalo Dry Food for Bengal Cats
With a well-balanced mixture, this Blue Buffalo is one of the best dry cat food for cats that have grain allergies. Although it is grain-free cat food, it is rich in protein and fiber.
Blue Buffalo dry food for cats is one of the best sources of protein, with chicken as a core element. Being a grain-free product, it has sweet potatoes and peas as a source of carbohydrates.
This product comes in a 12lb (5.44 kg) bag with an airtight seal. This dry food contains kibbles that are a blend of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. It also has omega-3 and omega-6, which is a good source of fatty acids.
- These dry cat kibbles are a perfect mix of natural ingredients like soy, deboned chicken, chicken liver, peas, corn, etc.
- Blue Buffalo’s dry cat food has a proper amount of antioxidants, fatty acids in the form of omega-3 for luscious hair, and glowing skin.
- It is especially for cats that have grain allergy but needs to have a high level of protein in their meals.
- Blue Buffalo’s dry cat food can be given as a treat, as it is a mix of Bengal cats’ favorite food.
- This cat food doesn’t contain any filler or artificial flavors.
- This food needs to be stored in a dry place, as there is a possibility of clumps.
6. Hill’s Science Diet Adult Indoor Cat Food
Bengal also suffers from hairball problems like other cats with fluffy cats. Not providing Bengals cats with nutritional food, can create serious health problems.
Hill’s Science Diet cat food can be the way to prevent this. The formula is for indoor young cats, so they can lead a healthy life without any problem. It contains quality protein and high fiber to avoid digestion issues.
It includes chicken and fish, which will support their protein needs between meals. It includes all the natural ingredients without any artificial preservatives or artificial flavors.
- This diet food has no added artificial preservatives and flavors.
- Being a diet cat food, it is made from high content of protein and fiber, so it’s good for growth and digestion.
- This food contains a variety of meat in the mixture so, your cat can have a tasty treat with a new flavor.
- As a diet food, it is light for digestion, so it can be given as a healthy treat between meals.
- Cats can eat this adult food as it is, or you can mix it with other cat food for a different taste of food.
- If not stored in a cool place or exposed to moisture, the food may go bad.
7. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet
Are you looking for a food product that will help them reduce and maintain weight? While providing them a healthy diet full of fiber and protein, make sure you also provide your cat with complete and balanced nutrition.
This limited diet food will be the best food for your Bengal cats that have sensitive stomachs, grain allergies, or are on a strict diet. It is a completely natural mix that is grain-free. Natural Balance cat diet food is a dry food that comes in a 10 pound (4.54 kg) food bag.
This food product contains duck, which is a good source of animal protein. Moreover, it also contains green peas, which can reduce the chances of a hairball.
- This balanced diet food has limited ingredients, hence the food will be free from toxic food.
- Natural Balance cat diet food is a form of a natural mix, which has no added preservatives.
- It has duck and peas as the main elements, thus your cat will have a high protein and fiber-enriched diet.
- This diet food can be given with other food or can be consumed as it is for a change in food for cats.
- It’s best for Bengal cats that are on a strict diet or a low-meal diet.
- This limited ingredient food doesn’t have enough nutrition and minerals.
8. Instinct Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Skin problems in Bengal cats are a common factor, and the main reason for this be an overdose of grain in their meals. Giving your cat food with high grain content can result in skin reactions and hairball issues.
Providing your Bengal cat with a meal that is high in protein and vitamins can help them to overcome this issue. Instinct Grain-Free Dry Cat Food can be a good choice as it contains a mixture of raw dry meat that is made from natural ingredients, live probiotics, and antioxidants.
It is the first raw meat kibble formulated to provide your Bengal with nothing but goodness. Instinct’s grain-free food consists of 81% of real animal meat and 19% of vegetables and fruits. This food bag comes in the quantity of 11lb (ca. 5 kg) grain-free dry Bengal cat
- Instinct’s dry food is grain-free, so you can feed your cats suffering from grain allergies.
- Instinct grain-free dry cat food is the first dry food kibble made from raw meat.
- The amount of protein contains is from meat and natural ingredients. It has an exact amount, of 81% real animal meat and the other 19% comes from vegetables and fruit.
- There are no added artificial ingredients, colors, and flavors, or preservatives.
- For dry cat food, Instinct’s product might be a little costly for some people.
9. Instinct Grain-Free Kitten Food
Feeding your Bengal cats with nutritional food while they are young is the best way to keep them healthy. Give your cat the perfect mixture of protein and wholesome food they crave with Instinct grain-free kitten food.
This kitten food is formulated for younger Bengal cats or kittens. It contains natural chicken recipes, vegetables, and whole ingredients so, it is safe. It will be one of the best food for Bengal kittens.
Its moisture-rich formula will make sure that your cats remain hydrated while eating. Each can consist of 156 grams of food, which is enough to feed your kitten for a day.
- It is a canned food formulated for kittens and younger cats. So, there are no fillers and preservatives.
- This food is made according to science-led technology, it provides benefits in a form of dry food.
- This grain-free food has cage-free natural chicken in dried form, for your kitten to enjoy protein-rich diet food.
- Instinct grain-free kitten food has 95% of chicken and 5% of vegetable and fruit juices.
- Instinct’s kitten food doesn’t contain potatoes, corn, or grain, so there is no amount of starch. It is one of the best Bengal kitten food.
- Some kittens don’t seem to like the taste. Moreover, you can try to mix it with regular food.
10. Weruva Grain-Free Natural Canned Wet Cat Food
Packed with minerals, vitamins, and protein, get your cat a cheat meal that is also healthy with Weruva grain-free cat food. It is tasty, easy to digest, and will be an easy meal for your cat if you want to give your cat a treat.
This wet food mixture contains shredded chicken and deboned chicken with skinless white meat with a delicious gravy. For their health benefits, it doesn’t have grains, corn, starch, or any other harmful ingredients.
This food can consist of 85 grams of wet cat food, which is ideal for a single meal for an adult cat. For healthy digestion, antioxidants are added, so they can have a healthy and tasty meal.
- While being a tasty treat, it has added vitamins and minerals, so the health of your cat won’t be compromised.
- It is grain-free and gluten-free so, if your cat has an allergy or heavyweight tendency, they can also enjoy a tasty treat.
- Weruva grain-free cat food contains low phosphorus, magnesium, & ash and provides proper hydration. Thus, it supports a healthy urinary tract.
- It has less than 5% of the healthy fats and a high amount of animal protein.
- Due to the heavy amount of gravy, the quantity of meat may be less.
How to Choose the Best Cat Food for Bengals
When it comes to Bengal cat food and its type, there are several options available for cat food. This breed of cat is known to be highly active and smart, as a result, to complement their nature they need a specific quality cat food.
They love meat and preferably like more dry food, despite being indoor cats they have a huge appetite. They love doing different activities like climbing, jumping, and playing.
There are certain measures or standards through which you determine the right product.
There is always a common question among the Bengal cat owners, what do Bengals cats eat? Well, they like both wet and dry cat foods, moreover many bangle cats prefer dry food.
Dry cat food can stay fresh for a long time and is also a combination of food that is full of nutrition and minerals.
Wet cat food can stay up to 5-7 days if it’s stored in a cool and dry place.
Wet cat food has great benefits as it contains various mixtures of different types of meat. Unlike dry food, it can be a good source of hydration.
Ingredients are the main element for any type of food product. You must be well aware of what to feed your Bengal feline babies.
Sometimes cats suffer from food allergies that are present in the food product. Before purchasing any food product for your Bengal cats, you should look out for such things.
As per the studies, food that has yeast or has any type of alcohol in them is harmful to Bengal cats.
The proper way to feed a Bengal cat is to feed them a recommended and measured meal. For a Bengal kitty, you can split the meal 3-4 times a day in a small, adequate amount.
For adult Bengal cats, you can feed them 2-3 times a day in large recommended amounts.
FAQs About Best Cat Food for Bengal Cats
Which is the best cat food for Bengals?
If you are looking for the best wet food for Bengal cats, then I would suggest Purina fancy wet cat food. With its perfect mixture, it is high in minerals and vitamins and provides a good amount of hydration.
If you are looking for the best dry cat food for Bengal, then I would lead you to Blue Buffalo dry food for Bengal cats. The bits contain a natural mix and are free from artificial ingredients, flavors, or preservatives.
They both are the best for your Bengal cat food that will help in preventing health issues in cats.
How much does cat food for Bengal cats cost?
The price of cat food varies from type to type and product to product. Generally, the cost of wet food is high in comparison to dry food.
The cost of cat food is approximately between $20-$60. Although, the price of cat food may vary if it has some special ingredients in it.
What is the appropriate amount of food for Bengal cats?
As the studies and researches, for adult Bengal cats, you can feed the food according to 3% of their body weight or up to 142-199 grams. If the food is left in the food bowl, then try feeding less & if your cat urges for more food, try feeding more.
For Bengal kittens, studies say that you can give them 3 meals a day. Each meal must consist of 85 grams of food, which is more than many pet food appetites.
For your Bengal cat, choosing good quality food is essential as it will decide the future of the health of your cat. You should always choose food that is rich in protein, and fibers and is complete with minerals. Similarly, look out for their food sensitivities and food allergies.
Being wild yet domesticated cats, Bengals are active and athletic. So, they have a big appetite. As per their nature, they like to have a diet rich in protein, so feed them food that contains more meat and seafood.
Pick the best cat food for Bengals to help them grow, flourish and have a happy, healthy life.