Keeping cat food fresh and healthy is always a big worry for pet owners. But having an ideal cat food storage container can be a simple solution for this.
While selecting or buying a food container you should always consider features like being airtight food storage, budget-friendly, keeping the odor, bugs, bacteria away, etc. What you might not know is choosing the material is important too.
Furthermore, storage containers can also help in maintaining the nutritional value of the foods and avoiding cat food from unnecessary spills and wastage.
A Glance of Our Favorites in 2022
Gamma2 Vittles Vault Airtight Cat Food Container
- It is made from flexible material and can be recycled
- It has bulk storage capacity
- Keep the food fresh
Simplehuman Metal Cat Food Storage Container
- Airtight and robust in nature
- Available in multiple sizes
- Easy to clean
The 9 Best Cat Food Storage Containers Reviews
Cat food containers come in various shapes, sizes, and materials, and it could be a tricky task to select the suitable one.
According to our research, we have come up with the top 9 cat food storage containers. In this list, you will find all the best suitable varieties of food storage containers for your cat.
1. Gamma2 Vittles Vault Airtight Cat Food Container
Gamma2 Airtight Cat Food Container is a type of cat food storage container which is suitable for all types of cats parent, It doesn’t matter if you have a single big cat, multiple cats, or a kindle of kittens.
As off, this cat food container with a scoop can store up to 50 pounds (ca. 23 kg) of food, it can be easy to distribute and stack food.
This is one of the best dry cat food storage containers that make sure the food stays fresh and bacteria-free. Due to its heavy-duty design, it is a type of bomb-proof product that won’t shatter easily. A special type of Gamma seal technology is used to control the moisture effect and a complete two-lock system with a threaded technique is used to maintain the freshness.
This cat food jar container is simply made from food-grade plastic, which is BPA-free HDPE plastic. It’s a little heavy, weighing up to 3 pounds (1.36 kg) of food as it is heavy-duty, scratch-free, and has easy access through a spin-off/on type of lid.
- The product is of heavy design, so it’s durable, long-lasting, and steady.
- This cat food storage container is made from a flexible material like food-grade plastic and can be recycled.
- It can store cat food in bulk at once, so you don’t have to refill it frequently.
- The locking technique is scientifically approved and specially designed to keep the pet’s food fresh and maintain quality.
- It is easy to open and close with its spin-off/on technology.
- Gamma2 airtight cat food storage container has hard plastic that is hard to clean. As a solution, you can store the entire bag of dry cat food inside, so you can clean it easily.
2. Simplehuman Metal Cat Food Storage Container
Plastic may be the prime choice, but if you are tired of plastic containers and require a change, then you are in the right place. Where plastic containers are cheap, lightweight, and easy to carry, a metal cat food storage container can be expensive, but a good choice if you want a container for the long run.
If you are ready to go over budget for your feline babies, let me tell you Simplehuman Metal Cat Food Storage Container will be the best product for your cat food storage. Whereas plastic is the best suitable for dry cat food, this metal cat food storage container will be best suited for wet cat food as well as dry food as cleans the fat and grease thoroughly.
It comes with wheels, so the container is easy to carry around and transfer. The size of this container is compatible, moreover, it can store up to 30 liters of cat food. It is already compiled together.
- This cat food storage container is airtight and robust as it is pure stainless steel.
- Even if you store wet food, the smell, food particles, and fat grease come off easily.
- It comes in multiple sizes, so you can choose the size according to your usage.
- These cat food storage containers will prevent jumpy and eager-to-eat feline friends out of the cat food bin.
- This cat food storage container has a built-in scooper that is attached to it.
- If kept in sun for too long, metal cat food storage containers can affect the quality of food.
3. Van Ness Airtight Cat Food Storage Container
Van Ness Airtight Cat Food Storage Container BPA-free plastic, food-grade plastic decorative cat food container is the most common cat food container. Even with the same grade and quality plastic, the price may vary from product to product. This is single-piece airtight pet food.
I came across this Van Ness airtight cat food storage container, the price was below my budget so, I decided to try it out. I have a big cat that needs 0.4 pounds (0.18 kg) of cat food on daily basics. To save some bucks, I always get one of those big bags. I tried to store all the food in this cat food storage container and as it describes, the food stays fresh till the last cup scoop.
It can store up to 25 pounds (ca. 11 kg) of food, but this Van Ness cat food storage container is easy to move and stack. As it comes with four in-line wheels attached, so it is comfortable to mobilize. The lid is big enough to refill and take out the cat food without any spill or wastage.
- The design of this container is simple yet elegant.
- The cat food will be easy to restock or empty due to the wide opening.
- These types of dry cat food storage containers are easy to clean and maintain due to their box-like design.
- It’s cost-effective, especially for people who are on a mission to save a dollar.
- This cat food container is eco-friendly, airtight, and transparent.
- This food container doesn’t contain a cup scoop. Nevertheless, you can use a cup to measure the food to feed your cat.
4. H Iris USA’s 3-Piece Airtight Cat Food Container
Finding foul odor or that sickening smell in cat food storage containers is a problem that we are facing over time. One of the main reasons is poor packing of food, poor quality of plastic, or extreme weather conditions like rains, humidity, or a moist atmosphere.
H Iris USA’s 3-Piece Airtight Cat Food Container with scoop is a perfect solution as it comes with one rectangular and one big trolley airtight food storage container with a combination of a scooper to distribute the meal in even size. In these cat meal container combo, you can store dry food and wet food accordingly.
The rectangular cat food container can store up to 10 pounds (4.54 kg) of food. The big cat food bin can store up to 25 pounds (ca. 11 kg) of cat food with wheels attached to it. It is easy to move around the house and they both are stackable, consuming less space.
The scooper can carry the 2 cups (0.47 l) scoop of the meal at a time. I think it’s the best choice if you like to store the food in bulk and avoid the daily errand for cat food every weekend, therefore you can say it is a 3-piece airtight pet food container.
- This container combo is one of the best dry cat food storage containers, as it stores and keeps dry cat food fresh.
- This cat food container combo is easy to wash and maintain as they are made from hard plastic and is scratch-free.
- As it is made from hard premium plastic which is scratch-free, transparent, and odorless. The stays fresh for a long time, so you can store a large quantity of food.
- The scooper is perfect, can hold food up to 2 cups (0.47 l), which is ideal for a single-serve.
- The cat food bins can stack one upon one so, it doesn’t consume much space.
- Don’t keep heavy things on the big trolley, there is a mild chance of the wheels getting unsteady.
5. Cat Food Jar With Measuring Cup
If you are someone who didn’t bother to buy a cat food container and fed them directly from the bag or without the measuring cup, trust me, this Cat Food Jar With Measuring Cup is a boon.
This thing will be generally the best and the most budget-friendly cat essential item you’ll come across.
It is practical for smaller cats or kittens who don’t require much food, once sealed it’s completely spill-proof and the cat food jar can be placed anywhere in the refrigerator, storeroom, cupboard, etc. The cat food container can store up to 2.5 pounds (1.13 kg) of cat food, so you can take it anywhere for outings or a little picnic with your cats.
The cup and food container both are made from hard plastic and is sturdy moreover, it is perfect for a small bag of cat food. It’s easy to pour food and measure the food, in addition, you can track the increase and decrease in the diet of your cat, which is the basic indication of growth or illness.
- Easy to store and carry furthermore, the size is decent enough to be easy to move.
- The lid comes with a measuring cup, so you keep a note of your cat’s diet.
- This can food jar is made from solid material, is durable, and easy to mold.
- It stores a small amount of food, so your pet can get different options of fresh meals from time to time.
- It’s really low cost and is available in multiple colors.
- It is light in weight, so if you leave it on the floor or the kitchen counter, there is a chance your cat might knock it off.
6. Iris USA Airtight Food Container for Cat
As a busy cat mom, I always tend to buy large cat food packets and store all the cat food at once. After, sometimes the food started giving an odd smell or, it stales. Likewise, I observed the pattern in my cat’s diet as it slowly decreases as the food starts to smell or becomes dull and musty.
One thing to keep in mind is cats don’t prefer stale or smelly food as it can also affect the taste, as a result, cats may start losing weight and facing liver-related issues. Upon researching, I came across this Iris USA Airtight Food Storage Container for Cats, which helps in keeping the cat’s food fresh through its easy locking system.
Moreover, it can hold more than 30 pounds of food(ca. 14 kg) of food. If you are worried about the size and weight, leave your tension aside as it comes with wheels and has an adjustable size.
- This food container comes in a large size, so it will be easy for you to store a large amount of food.
- This cat food container is made from hard and smooth material, so it is dirt-free and scratch-free.
- Cats won’t be able to get in this cat food container like they do with food bags and loose boxes.
- They are compact but are high, so you can easily fit them in a pantry and small places.
- It may be a little over-budget, but it will ensure you the cat food’s safe and has a long life.
7. Komax’s Cat Food Bin
Cat food bin containers are highly recommended to all the pet owners out there, it’s the best option for cat food jars. Moreover, the cat food container is airtight, so it provides safety against bugs, bacteria, insects, or anything else that can spoil the food.
Cat food bin or container comes in many shapes, sizes, and features, therefore choose your airtight food storage accordingly.
Komax’s Cat Food Bin is one of them, it has a simple yet desirable design. It has an airtight lid which helps in keeping the moisture out due to which most of the food loses its freshness and gets a foul smell.
This is a cat food container with a scoop, through which you can measure the cat food evenly, plus it’s ensuring the safety of food. Pouring cat food from hands, or other vessels may jeopardize the safety, or quality of food. It’s perfect for a bag of dry food storage containers.
- This cat food bin is made of PP and is a BPA-free and 100% recycling material.
- It has large and smart storage capacity, big enough to store up to 20lbs, and will maintain the high quality of food.
- It is dishwasher safe, so you can easily clean all the little fat and food particles stuck at the bottom.
- This food container can store more food but consumes less space due to being stackable and of a common shape.
- The design is a pro factor as it gives enough opening to pour spout the contains and enough closing to scoop the continents without any spill.
- It is airtight food storage, but not spill-proof, but you won’t place it carefully there are minor changes in your food getting spilled.
8. Greenjoy Two-Pack Cat Food Container
Being a small kitty enthusiastic I have been raising my 6-month-old kitty for 2 months, I don’t have a spacious pantry, as my little kitten doesn’t need much food due to her small size, her appetite is also low.
Likewise, I required a cat food storage container combo that could store a small amount of food with the surety of hygiene, food security, dust-free, and durability. Greenjoy’s Two-Pack Cat Food Container combo easily fits these criteria. It comes in a pack of one which has 2 products, one of 2 lb (0.91 kg) and the other of 2.5 lb (1.13 kg).
For the appetite of a small kitten, you can easily store up to 1-1.5 weeks. As there are 2 containers, you can store both dry food and wet food accordingly. Furthermore, you can store water in one and food in the other as per your choice. Even if you have a big cat or multiple cats, it’s good for a 2-3 day trip, a picnic day in a park, or as a treat container. It is completely airtight food storage and easy to move due to its portable size.
- The cat food container combo is easy to move around due to its small size and compatible shape.
- The material is made of high quality, it’s durable, easy to clean, and odorless.
- To pour the cat food, a pour spout opening is provided, so the food will not be wasted; it’s one of the best features of this cat food storage container combo.
- This cool product is budget-friendly and comes in multiple colors.
- This airtight cat food container is perfect without any cons, but in some cases, the lid of the measuring cup is a little loose.
9. Airtight Seals Tiovery Cat Food Storage Container
Keeping your felines calm and steady is tough, and during their lunchtime or while giving them treats is nearly impossible. When you start the special diet for cats, you need to keep a measure of the quantity.
Many cat parents make this common mistake of bringing cat food in large quantity and storing it in large containers.
Airtight Food Storage and Treat container from Tiovery is one of the solutions for this type of thing, it’s the best portable cat storage container with a measuring cup and a food bowl. You can easily keep note of when and what quantity of food is given and would be given.
It can store up to 3lb (1.36 kg) of food, so it’s perfect for outings or easy to store food in small quantity so relatively, it is easy to maintain the freshness of food. Its airtight food storage with buckles and a handle is given, so you can carry it around easily and the food bowl is also adjustable, so your pet won’t feel like they are given less food.
- This cat food storage container is made from the best quality hard plastic, which helps to keep the food odorless and bacteria-free.
- This cat food container is BAP-free and food-grade plastic.
- It can store up to 3lb (1.36 kg), so if you want, you can try the new company or flavor of food for your cat occasionally.
- This cat food storage container is durable and stable so, it’s difficult for your cat to knock over the container.
- The utensils that come with food containers are also are of superior quality with adjustable food bowls.
- Sprout in this cat food container is relatively small, but the flow of food can be controlled.
How to Choose the Best Cat Food Storage Container
Storing food in proper storage and in proper material is important for maintaining the overall hygiene of the cat food. FDA recommends “Proper storage of pet food and treats maintains the products’ nutritional value and keeps information handy in case there’s a problem.“.
There are numerous products on Amazon for cat food storage container that varies in material, shape, and size. We all want the best for our babies, so we have to choose wisely and accordingly.
The size of the cat food storage container should be proportional to the number and types of cats you have. Small containers for cats with a big appetite can cause refilling the cat food frequently likewise, big containers for cats that don’t require much food, it can make the cat food stale.
Choose the size that is easy to move. Check if the size is equivalent to your pantry or not. The heavy-sized cat food storage container requires a huge place, and you’ll have to select a place that will be convenient for you to reach.
Check the sturdiness of the small or medium size, they don’t require much space, but make sure to choose the place where your cats can’t reach and knock it over.
Some materials are toxic for cats, and some are not capable to store cat food. Cat food has lots of nutrition in them, choose the type of material according to the duration of the food you will be storing. (e.g., 1 month or 6 months)
Some materials help in maintaining the quality of the cat food for a long time, while in some materials after some time the nutrition seems to break down and the quality of cat food decreases. As soon as you pour the food, the particles start sticking inside the container, which affects the rest of the stored food.
Moreover, there are primly two types of material for cat food storage that are topping, i.e., plastic and metal, both have their benefits and disadvantages.
Many of you don’t know but more than material the lid plays the main role in cat food storage. No matter how much good material the cat food storage container has if the lid is not one of the airtight seals, nothing can stop bugs, bacteria, and your pet from infiltrating the cat food container.
So airtight seals are important in food storage, and you have to be careful that you don’t leave your pet’s food unsealed.
Airtight seals not only prevent food from bugs and all, but it also keeps moisture out of the food. The other use or advantage of airtight seals is keeping the odor of food inside the container, so your pet won’t be unnecessarily attracted to food. On the other note, it also prevents odor from the surroundings to get inside the material.
FAQs About Cat Food Storage Containers
Which is the best cat food storage container?
As per the research and reviews and from the list of the best, the Simplehuman Metal Cat Food Storage Container is my personal favorite choice. For a metal cat food container and if you want to go for plastic, I would personally suggest going for H Iris USA’s 3-piece airtight cat food container.
How much does a cat food storage container cost?
The cost of a cat food storage container varies in shape and size, from material and company.
The average price for cat food containers can be approximately cost between $11-$115.
That doesn’t mean you have to spend more, on the list Van Ness airtight cat food storage container is the most low-priced pricing and yet is one of the best cat food containers.
How long can my cat’s food last in a storage container?
The expiry date on cat food varies from product to product or from the type of food like wet cat food or dry cat food. On average, a bag of dry cat food stays fresh for up to 6 months, and wet cat food stays fresh for up to 5-7 days if stored at the right temperature.
You can increase the life of food by taking proper care of the food in terms of temperature, material, and storage place.
Having cat food storage containers around for your cats can ease the worry of storage and quality of the cat food. Furthermore, it helps in serving the cat food to your cats easily and properly, so you don’t have to keep a record of the meals you provide your cats.
On the above note, I would personally propose you buy a cat food storage container that is easy to clean, and is durable, and can maintain the quality of food. Feature-wise, choose the container that has a wide opening and a secure lid, so you can feed your cat easily without spilling the contents.