After trying over 25+ cat hair clippers for cat fur, we have come up with these 9 best cat hair clippers you will fall in love with!
If you are a proud owner of a long hair cat, then you know how tough it can be to keep their fur in the best shape. They require daily brushing along with grooming week by week — to keep that gorgeous in tip-top condition.
And one of the most common ways to get around this is paying a visit to a professional groomer, which is an unnecessary expense — unless you don’t have time to deal with the cat’s hair yourself.
Instead, you could get your hands on some decent clippers for cat hair, make it a fun bonding time with your cat, added to a quick and cost-effective grooming experience at home.
A Quick Glance at Our Favorites (Updated 2022)
The 9 Best Cat Hair Clippers
1. Oneisall Pet Shaver Cordless Clippers – Best Overall
Oneisall is the best overall choice from the top picks of clippers for cat hair. With a super quiet and powerful motor, you will be able to clip your cat’s hair without making your pet feel nervous. Along with the clipper, the kit also includes different attaches, grooming cat clipper blades, steel scissors, and a steel comb — for dealing with even the most stubborn matted cat fur.
Keeping your kitty calm can be challenging during a grooming session, and the last thing you need is the cord of the clippers getting in your way. Meanwhile, this versatile cordless clipper can hold up to a single full charge for up to 80 minutes. You can also use the clipper while charging, so you don’t have to worry about a half-groomed feline.
Furthermore, the low-vibration, ultra-quiet design with stainless steel, ceramic blades of the clipper can provide an excellent grooming experience at home. You can use the provided adjustable clipping combs for different hair lengths.
“To conclude, we think this is the overall best cat clipper.”
- This cordless clipper for cat hair comes in six color choices.
- The low-vibration and low-noise design can keep the cats from getting stressed out.
- You can adjust from five-blade distances as per the requirements.
- The blades can be detached for easy cleaning and changing.
- This clipper for cat hair only comes with a single running speed.
2. Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed Clipper – Premium Choice
The best premium choice is the corded Andis Ultraedge Clippers for Cats. With a professional design, this high-speed, versatile clipper features high and low speed to make the best cat grooming experience. The clippers function quietly, so it’s perfectly suitable for noise-sensitive cats.
As for most corded clippers, they are usually designed for professional use, and their price tag is a reflection of that fact. And if you prefer a corded option for your at-home use, Andis Proclip is a top-rated choice.
The manufacturer mentions that the clipper is free from maintenance, with no need for oiling or greasing of internal parts. Further, the blades of the clipper come with a special chrome finish that prevents corrosion, offering a cutting solution that will last long years.
Likewise, removing stubborn mats can be easy with the professional cutting performance of these blades. Overall, it is perfect for all breeds of cats.
- These professional cat clippers for matted fur are perfect for the toughest of thick coats.
- The clippers for cat hair come with a speed detachable blade clipper design for easy changing and cleaning.
- The 14 feet heavy-duty cord lets you move easily around your cat and the tool.
- There are no color options.
- These professional clippers for cat hair are expensive but worth the price.
3. Ruri’s Cordless Electric Cat Clippers – Best Value
If you are on a budget, then Ruri’s Cordless cat hair trimmer would fit the bill. These cat grooming clippers are best suited for trimming down small hair areas such as — face, eyes, ears, paws, and around the rump. It is cordless, and it features a streamlined design that can easily fit in anyone’s hand, even kids.
The clipper is equipped with a super mute motor, making the hair clipping process easier and less stressful for cats. To use these clippers for cat hair, you need to insert one AA battery; it does not come included with the purchase, but you can buy it separately.
This cat hair trimmer has been designed for only a small amount of trimming, so you can expect to use it to shave your cat’s thick coat. Plus, there’s no doubt these clippers are easier to use for being cordless.
- This cat grooming clipper variant comes with two color choices — white and black.
- The lightweight and ergonomic design of the clipper makes it easier to hold, allowing a smooth and convenient cat grooming experience.
- The clippers for cat hair come with a low-noise feature.
- The clipper motor is not that powerful.
4. Wahl Professional Animal Hair Clippers
This corded pet shaver for cats from Wahl can be the best choice for anyone who is looking for a professional grooming tool for cats at a low price. While professionals always tend to favor corded clippers, they come at a high rate — usually starting from $100.
Wahl has employed a patent power-driven system, offering 30% more torque along with self-sharpening blades that make clipping through the thick coat of cats easy and quick. Moreover, Wahl also claims this is a low-noise model that can make the grooming session less stressful for the cats.
However, Wahl’s power-driven cutting system still is powerful enough to cut through the thickest coats with 1.5 times more power. We liked how the manufacturer colored the attachment guards to make finding the right size easier.
- These cat clippers for cat hair features a professional built at a relatively low-cost price range.
- The cat clipper blades are self-sharpening.
- The adjustable lever of the clipper helps for customized cutting lengths.
- These clippers for cat hair can stay cool even after a long time of use.
- Moreover, the manufacturer offers a five-year limited warranty along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- This cat clipper can be hard to hold for some people.
- There are no color choices.
5. Sminiker Professional Pet Shaver for Cats
Here’s yet another budget-friendly clipper choice for a quick and easy cat grooming session. Sminiker Professional Pet Shaver for Cats is a cordless option that comes with a feather-light weight construction to reduce wrist fatigue. The overall design of the clipper weighs around a pound, featuring a heavy-duty precision motor for a proper, powerful cut.
Further, the low-vibration and ultra-quiet design of the copper axis motor helps in keeping the pet feel at ease. Suitable for noise-sensitive cats, these clippers function at no more than 50dB. The blades are fully adjustable and made from titanium alloy along with a ceramic moving blade for better functionality.
The manufacturer deploys a 2000mAh battery that charges within four hours and offers an excellent run time of over five hours. All in all, if you are looking for an affordable entry-level cat grooming kit, then Sminiker Professional Low Noise Rechargeable Clipper is the way to go. The kit also features useful accessories — guided combs, adapter, cleaning brush, a pair of scissors, and more.
- This cat grooming clippers kit comes at an affordable price range.
- These clippers for cat hair feature a low-vibration and ultra-quiet motor to keep the pet from getting stressed during the grooming session.
- Once fully charged, the battery can operate for more than five hours.
- The accessories included in the kit can be useful, especially for a new cat parent.
- There are no speed levels with this cat clipper.
- These clippers for cat hair only come in one color option.
6. Wahl Acro Cat Hair Trimmer
The brand Wahl has become synonymous with pet hair clippers, and for a worthy cause — for more than 100 years, the company has been at the forefront of the first. Just like how hair continues to grow, so does the company’s product line. Overall, the brand has been making top-quality products for both animals and people for over a century.
This series from the Wahl is one of the best-selling clipper kits in their portfolio. The kit comes with 5-in-1 adjustable setting cat hair clippers, offering a variety of haircutting lengths. The product boasts a German engineering design of truly cordless cat hair clippers for precise trimming, even on sensitive areas such as the face and neck.
Further, the clipper comes with a rechargeable battery, of course. Amazingly, the charge time is shorter than the use time; the battery takes around 75 minutes to fully charge, while an impressive 80 minutes of run time. Besides, this cat hair clipper has been designed ergonomically, so it will perfectly in your hand while reducing wrist fatigue.
Moreover, with this electric shaver for cats, you get to choose from five bright color options — which, we thought, was a great deal.
- It comes with an ergonomic, streamlined designed to fit in the hand perfectly.
- The long-lasting rechargeable battery of this cat hair clipper allows for a convenient grooming session.
- The manufacturer provides a one-year warranty along with a 30-day risk-free satisfaction guarantee.
- It comes in five color options — champagne, green apple, hot pink, teal, and purple.
- These clippers for cat hair include all-inclusive accessories — a 5-in-1 fine blade set, 2 drop-in NiMH rechargeable batteries, a soft storage case, charging stand, charger, four plastic attachment guide combs, cleaning brush, blade oil, and instruction book.
- These clippers for cat hair only feature a single-speed level.
- It is made for use in USA-type electrical outlets only.
7. Bousnic Electric Shaver for Cats
Bousnic Electric Shaver for Cats is a budget-friendly option that gives great value for money and usability. It is marketed as a dog hair clipper, but like many other pet clippers in the market, this one is suitable for cats as well.
It is a cordless cat hair clipper, so it comes with a rechargeable battery. Bousnic packs a powerful Li-ion rechargeable battery of 2200mAh. The manufacturer claims that it takes only three hours to fully charge this battery, with a superb runtime of over 300 minutes from one full charge.
The clipper charges using a USB cable, so you can also charge it through your PC/laptop, power bank, or even a car charger. And after the battery of the clipper is fully charged, a digital LCD indicator will let you know the battery level, so you can know if it is ready to use.
Further, these cat clippers feature ceramic blades that are suitable for all hair lengths. The blades are ultra-sharp, and they come with two different speed levels. But high speed does not necessarily mean the clippers are going to be loud. The Bousnic Electric Shaver for Cats comes with low noise & vibration feature that is specifically included to reduce anxiety in pets.
- This cat hair clipper comes at an affordable price tag.
- These clippers for cat hair pack a large 2200mAh lithium-ion battery that you can easily charge using a USB cable; the battery can hold up a working time of more than 300 minutes.
- The ultra-sharp ceramic blades can run on two different speed levels.
- This Bousnic professional low-noise rechargeable cordless electric clipper can be ideal for noise-sensitive cats.
- The real-time LCD shows the remaining battery power of the clipper.
- The accessories include four guided combs, a cleaning brush, stainless steel scissors, a comb, and an oil bottle.
- These clippers for cat hair do not come in any other color choices other than white.
8. Iweel Speed Clipper for Cats
These clippers for cat hair from IWEEL boast the unique feature of being water-resistant. It is also one of the budget-friendly cat hair clippers on this list. And not only will your kitty look perfect after their haircut, but you will also look equally classy while you are doing it. Thanks to the modern, streamlined design of these cat hair clippers.
It comes with a rubbery grip that is easy for you to grasp and hold, and the 2-speed design of the motor gives you precision control even as you trim more delicate areas of hair. The blades are made up of stainless steel and ceramic, that can be washed to remove any excess cat hair. Further, the blades can be tuned to five levels — 0.8 mm, 1.1 mm, 1.4 mm, 1.7 mm, and 2.0 mm, which are perfect for trimming around your kitty’s face and legs.
And if you want to leave your pet long hair, you can use the guided combs that come included with this clipper — there are a total of six of them. Moreover, the clippers also come with a display that shows the remaining battery percentage.
The clipper takes around four hours to fully charge, quite long, but the charge can hold up more than 2 hours — which is more than enough to get the job done.
- Unlike other clippers for cat hair in the market, this one comes with an IPX4 water-resistant rating.
- There are five tunable blade options from 0.8 mm, 1.1 mm, 1.4 mm, 1.7 mm, and 2.0 mm.
- These clippers for cat hair come with 2-speed functionality for a precision cut.
- There is also a display that indicates the battery percentage of the clipper.
- Overall, this clipper for cat hair is a bargain, considering it is water-resistant.
- There are no color choices with this hair clipper.
9. Oster A5 Professional Cat Grooming Clippers
With one of the fastest toque motors, we chose Oster A5 to be the best choice, it comes with two brilliant speed levels for faster clipping. The blades deliver a wide sweep, with a powerful, heavy-duty universal rotary motor speed range of 3000 SPM to 4000 SPM. (Strokes per minute)
These pet clippers are not only ideal for long-haired cats, but you can also use them on horses, dogs, and livestock. Further, the Oster A5 is also compatible with Cryogen-X blades, Elite Cryogen-X, and Take Down Quick Wide blade — the other series from the manufacturer.
The detachable blade clipper feature of the Oster A5 makes changing the blades quick and easy while you are grooming your cat. And the two-speed functionality offers great versatility for grooming. The low speed offers first-rate precision with a quieter performance to easily clip through sensitive areas such as legs and around the face.
On the other hand, the fast speed allows faster clipping to quickly shave down areas like the stomach and back. And to ensure a perfect finish, you can use the guided combs from the same manufacturer. But you have to buy them separately, as they don’t come included with the clippers.
- Oster A5 Golden is a professional pet grooming clipper, with convenient 2-speed functionality.
- It is corded, but it comes with a long 10-foot professional-grade power cord.
- Changing the blades is easy with these clippers, the detachable blade system makes the process quick and simple.
- These clippers for cat hair comes with ten detachable CryogenX blades, blade oil, clipper grease, cleaning brush, and replacement carbon brushes.
- This is a corded type of cat hair clipper, so it may get hot after using it for a long time.
- It is expensive than other alternatives.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Cat Clippers
Finding the best clipper for cats’ hair for your kitty will largely depend on certain features that the clipper has to offer. And with the right option, an at-home cat hair clipper can be an excellent idea for in-between visits and cat grooming at home.
In this little guide below, we’ll help you understand what features can really make or break hair clippers for cats.
Corded & Cordless
Look for any kinds of clippers, for humans, dogs, cats, horses — you will come down to two options to choose from, corded or cordless. While corded clippers for cat hair are often regarded as old fashion, cordless options are always loved by all pet owners, as you won’t have to deal with any power cord issues.
With cordless cat hair clippers, you have completely free movement to fully clip your pet without being restricted to any particular spot. However, cordless options are often less powerful in terms of SPM, and they have relatively lesser speed levels compared to corded options.
As for corded options, such as the Oster A5 golden pet clipper, they offer faster clipping with a powerful clipping motor. But they are rarely found in “low-noise” variants, whereas cordless options do offer such features.
Noise & Vibration
All clippers for cat hair buzz and vibrate, but some do less than others. If noise and vibration are an issue with your pet, then you should seek a low-noise clipper with minimum vibration that can help in preventing from your cat getting anxious. The best low-noise clipper is Bousnic Electric Shaver for Cats, it comes with a low-noise feature that can operate under 50 dB.
Along with the whisper-quiet noise feature, it is also low in vibration, so you can easily clip sensitive areas such as the face, without getting your pet easily startled.
Thus, such features may be relevant when you are looking for the best cat hair clippers for your kitty cat.
While the water-resistant feature is not as important as other clipper features listed above, it can still be a great addition to your cat grooming clippers checklist. Nobody likes cleaning the residual hair from the clipper’s blades. The best solution to this can be to buy a clipper with water-resistant clipper properties.
Such as the IWEEL clippers for cat hair, you can clean the leftover hair from the blades easily by rinsing it under running water. However, this does not mean that you can fully submerge the clippers.
Accessories are important. They include things such as — extra oil bottle, comb, scissors, charging cable, and some important ones like extra sharp blades, extra batteries.
It is necessary to make note of accessories that come with the clipper, as some brands do not include essential components such as batteries. And you will have to buy it separately. Thus, make sure the product that you choose mentions the essential accessories required for the grooming session.
FAQs About Clippers for Cat Hair
Which is the best clipper for cat hair?
A cat clipper can make the process of grooming your cat simple or just unnecessarily complicated. To get the best result, you need to pick the best hair clippers.
And for the best overall clipper for cat hair, we chose Oneisall Pet Shaver for Cats with its all-inclusive cat grooming accessories and convenient design. The clipper comes with a rechargeable battery that powers the motor. And the clipper is also safe to use while it is charging. So you don’t have to worry about it getting stopped while you are trimming your cat’s hair.
How much do clippers for cat hair cost?
You can buy professional hair clippers for cat hair online. They can range in price from as low as $15 to more than $100.
Investing in good cat hair clippers can be a great way to save some money on cat grooming expenses. You can also save a lot of time just by grooming your cat at home with your unique set of cat hair clippers.
Can you shave a cat with human clippers?
Yes, you can, but it is not recommended to you use human clippers on cats. Clippers designed for humans are not a good option for pets. Instead, you can use clippers for cat hair, which are specifically designed for cats.
Thus, it is best suggested to only use cat clippers on cats, as they are a safe and cat-friendly option.
Can you use dog clippers on cats?
Yes, you can use dog clippers on cats, as long as they are also cat-friendly. Most dog clippers available in the market these days are marketed as a pet-friendly option. Some pet clippers can be used on multiple pets, such as dogs, cats, horses, and more. However, before using dog clippers on your cat, make sure if they are safe and cat-friendly.
While there are a plethora of clippers for cat hair in the market that promise an excellent grooming performance, however — not all of them can be perfect for your specific needs.
By reading the short guide above, you can pick which grooming pet clippers for cats best suit your particular requirements.
Likewise, you can check our top picks for the best cat clippers and find your favorite one.