Here is a review of the 5 best cat toys for active cats!
Nobody likes to see their cat bored, but they’re unsure how to keep them occupied while also keeping them healthy.
If your cat is energetic and always in the desire to play, this problem gets more difficult to solve. Buying plenty of toys is an option, but it’s a very expensive one.
So, to provide you with a long-term solution to this problem, we’ve compiled a list of the best cat toys for active cats, along with a detailed review.
A Glance of Our Favorites in 2023
PetSafe Automatic Cheese Cat Toy
- After 15 minutes of inactivity, it stops automatically
- Durable in nature
- It can be activated in three different automatic play sessions
Roypet Upgraded Stable for Active Cats
- It comes with innovative fixing tool which helps to enhance the stability and safety
- Natural jute are used
- It has multiple fixing methods
The 5 Best Cat Toys for Active Cats Reviews
If your cat is bouncing around the house, always looking for something to chase, and always getting into some serious mischief, then you have made the right choice of getting a cat toy for your active cat.
Here’s the list of the best active cat toys with an in-depth review along with their pros and cons.
1. PetSafe Automatic Cheese Cat Toy
There is nothing better for your cat’s perfect indoor entertainment than the Petsafe Automatic Cheese Toys for Active cats. This cat toy is suitable for all stages of cats. This fun interactive toy appeals to your cat’s natural hunting instincts and gives them hours of fun playtime.
Your cat will remain active as they will play peek-a-boo with two mice that appear from either side of this cheese block cat toy, encouraging mental stimulation.
It also features an away mode which can be set in three different modes of an automatic session using three alkaline AA batteries. This cat toy will be perfect for cat owners having more than one feline.
To conclude, we think this is the overall best cat toy for active cats.
- This cheese toy set can be activated to in three different automatic play sessions which can run throughout the day.
- After 15 minutes of inactivity, this toy tends to stop automatically.
- The durable construction of this toy can withstand pouncing of multiple cats.
- The toys for active cats doesn’t include batteries.
2. Roypet Upgraded Stable for Active Cats
The Roypet Upgraded Stable Toys for active cats are perfect for feline owners who have more than one cat at their home. This cat stable is of normal size as compared to other cat trees and stable. This stable provides your cat a proper place to play, exercise, relax and sleep in one place.
It has hammocks and multiple levels for your cat to climb and jump up and down, making it one of the best toys for active cats. It also includes a fixing tool that will help you to enhance the stability of this stable.
This cat stable has multiple fixing methods. You can either fix it on your wall by drilling or avoid that by using the adhesive fixing device and sick it on your wall.
- It comes with innovate fixing tool which helps to enhance the stability and safety of this stable.
- This cat stable provides two small platforms for both small and fat cat to jump up and down for a fun playtime.
- The natural jute and high quality faux fur posts are durable for tolerating long time scratch.
- This cat stable is very difficult to put together.
- It has a flimsy construction which can come crashing down if you put too much pressure on it.
3. Hexbug Nano Robotic Cat Toy
The Hexbug Nano Robotic Cat Toy will have a mesmerizing effect on your cat. This robotic bug toy will fool your cat into thinking it’s a real bug and keep him busy for hours. These toys for active cats has a colorful furry tail and moves by vibration technology which attracts your cat.
These toys for active cats run on batteries, which are already included in the box. This bug toy can navigate its way around corners and objects with this mysterious sense, providing fun gameplay to your cat.
It can flip back on its feet itself from its back, miraculously. Your cat can play with this toy independently without any need for your presence.
- The Hexbug robotic cat toy can itself navigate around objects and corners without any assistance.
- This toy for active kittens runs on battery, which is already included in the box.
- This Kitty toy comes in a variety of colors to choose from.
- This product is a choking hazard and can cause damage to your feline.
- It runs properly on flat surfaces only, and due to its small size, it can get lost anywhere around the house.
The Petlink Electronic Motion Toys for active cats are designed in such a way that they will encourage non-active cats to chase after them as well. This toy is straightforward and consists of a fabric sheet that shelters a toy rotating mouse underneath it with a 4-speeds motion to control its movement.
The unpredictable motion of this toy makes your cat chase, leap or pounce over it. This toy is so stimulating, attractive, and a great form of exercise. It keeps your furry friend active physically and mentally.
This stylish, smart, and eco-friendly product will wear your felines out and put them into a deep slumber at night. Even though it moves in a circular motion, it never gets old and will always entertain your kittens.
- This cat chase toy replicates the movement of a mouse to keep your cat moving around it for long periods of time.
- You get 4-speed options in this toy, which helps you to control your cat’s movement while she is playing.
- Your cat will never get bored with it, and this toy can be used during all life stages of your pet.
- These toys for active cats requires three AA batteries, which are not included in it.
- Due to its lightweight, it tips very easily.
5. Catit Design Senses Play Circuit
The Catit design Senses Play Circuit is the final item on our list of the best cat toys for active cats. This long-lasting, versatile, and appealing cat toy will keep your energetic feline occupied for hours without requiring your supervision.
It includes a unique swirl ball and a peek-a-boo design that your cat finds highly appealing. It is made without the use of any fabric, which makes it long-lasting.
If you have multiple kitties or want to increase the size of the tracks, then you can always buy extra tracks for increasing width and height.
- This toy’s peek-a-boo design encourages your cat to chase and swat the ball inside the circuit, satisfying their demand for exercise.
- The swirl patterned ball’s unique color combination is created to lure your cat and keep them entertained for hours.
- These cat toys for hyper cats requires no supervision, encouraging independent game play.
- The top part of this toy circuit can be removed by your cat, also if your cat is big then here are chances that they might not be able to for their paws in the openings and move the ball themselves.
How to Choose the Best Toys for Active Cats
Active cats always need something to entertain them, and hence you are always looking for some new toys to entertain them. But before you buy a new toy for your cat, there are a few features that you should look out for.
So, here are few important specifications that you should keep in mind while buying the best toys for active cats.
Cats can be ruthless, and they may scratch, bite and tear anything they come in contact with while they are in a playful mood. So it would be really disappointing to see the toy you got for your cat destroyed right in front of your eyes.
So it is always advisable to look out for cat toys for active cats made of durable material and sturdy enough to handle your cat’s harsh usage.
While you look for the best cat toys, you should always ensure that it’s in perfect shape and doesn’t even have a single tear on it. A destroyed toy is a choking hazard if your furry friend eats even the smallest bit of it.
The risk of bowel obstruction can also occur if your pet swallows toys made of fabric or stuffing materials. If such kinds of things occur, then your pet might need surgery. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to inspect toys before you buy them.
Your Cat’s Preference
Every cat has their own preference and their own choice of source of entertainment. Some kitty like treats puzzles, catnip toys, interactive toys, electronic or robotic toys, and some like playing with wand toys.
Active cat loves complex toys because they are more interactive. But it’s not the same with all cats, as not every cat is the same, neither are their preferences for toys. If you get them a toy they don’t like, they will stay away from them, so always keep your cat’s preference first.
FAQs About Cat Toys for Active Cats
Which is the best cat toy for active cats?
The best cat toys for active cats are the PetSafe Automatic Cheese Game.
This toy will drive your cat crazy with its automated play design, durable construction, and fascinating play modes. This appealing interactive toy is our top option for independent fun for your cat. The nicest aspect is that you won’t have to supervise your cat while they’re constantly playing.
How do I keep my active cat entertained?
Toys are the most effective way to keep your active cat stimulated, but there are other options as well. Place a bird feeder outside your window to keep your cat entertained.
You may also put up a lovely tree for your cat to scratch or climb on. You can also get more indoor cat toys like automatic laser toys with a laser pointer or hang toys like furry mice or balls about your house in various locations as an incentive so that your cat has something to bat around.
Do cats get tired of toys?
Yes, there are chances that your cat might get bored with a toy after some time. Active cats are always on the play, and hence they need something new to keep them entertained.
To avoid this, you should always keep a supply of toys so that you can rotate them, or else you can hide the toys temporarily and then reintroduce them to it later.
Before We Go
Cat toys are the finest way to keep your cat happy, healthy, and cognitively alert. There are a variety of cat toys to keep them active, but the best ones are the one that helps to activate their natural predatory tendencies.
If you’re still unsure, read this article again to find the best cat toys for active cats.