Are you tired of spending money on toys that your cat barely touches? It’s time to try the ultimate solution – catnip toys! These toys are guaranteed to keep your furry friend entertained for hours on end.
Not only will your cat have a blast playing with these toys, but they’ll also get their daily exercise in too. And the best part? These toys are infused with irresistible catnip that will have your kitty coming back for more.
So, say goodbye to boredom and hello to endless playtime with our top picks for the best catnip toys!
A Glance of Our Favorites in 2023
Petstages Catnip and Dental Health Cat Toys
- Catnip toys are also a form of dental health toys
- Eliminates the destructive behavior
- It does not make noise like other toys
Kong Beaver Refillable Catnip Toy
- Provides wide options for playing
- It is washable, makes a suitable toy to play
- Your cat can get extra space to chew on
The 7 Best Catnip Toys Reviews
Catnip toys have a wide range of varieties, and it can be tough for you to just find the best one through Google, you definitely need to do your research. How does it sound to know that we had already done the work for you? Here are the top 7 catnip toys filtered for your cat!
1. Petstages Catnip and Dental Health Cat Toys
Petstage Catnip Toys are also a form of dental health toy, just like its name suggests. These are for all breed sizes. They have numerous advantages. Cats in their growing stage constantly chew on things they shouldn’t, cats chew for pleasure.
It’s a tactile and enriching activity for them. They chew to soothe their gums during teething and to exercise their instinct to slice and dice with their sharp back teeth. These catnip-stuffed rolls are a good model of distraction for cats.
Nighttime catnip rolls, infused with premium dried catnip, keep your pet interested in hours of fun. This not just helps to keep them engaged, but also eliminates the destructive behavior. Promotes positive habits. As they come in a pack of three, one or more cats can play at a time.
This catnip toy is also a nighttime catnip roll because if you are looking for a substitute to deal with a cat’s nocturnal behavior it fits perfectly. Your cat will be engaged in its hunting as well as chewing activity without making a noise like other toys.
You can sleep peacefully without worrying about your cat getting into any sort of trouble or waking you up from various noises.
To conclude, we think this is the overall best catnip toy.
- This catnip toys are also a form of dental health toy, for breeds of all size.
- Nighttime catnip rolls infused with premium dried catnip which keep your cat interested in longer duration.
- Eliminates the destructive behavior and promotes positive habits.
- It does not make noise like other toys, which makes it so suitable for nighttime play.
- Comes in a pack of three, which means more than one cat can play with it at a time.
- This is the most effective catnip toy with no negative reviews, even after doing a lot of research.
2. Kong Beaver Refillable Catnip Toy
If you want a toy for your cat from which she would never plan to lose her interest, the Kong Beaver Catnip Toy is the one! Our premium choice, or one of the top picks. It can be a companion, playing option, or any source of entertainment you want it to be.
This cute-looking beaver comes with a tine tiny Velcro pouched in which you can fill fresh catnip according to your preferences, but you can also select the brand you wish to use. So that you can customize the quantity, quality according to your choice, depends on how your cat respond to catnip.
This is a quite bigger toy than that of other toys so that your cat can get extra space to chew on, play with, kick, hunt anything she wishes to. Most of the cats enjoy this structure so much that they almost can’t get enough of it. You will find so much spit on it from licking.
It is washable, after your cat is tired of playing you can wash it and then restore catnip. Definitely a better option than a dead mouse under your bed or around the corner.
- Provides wide options for playing, can be a companion, playing option, or any source of entertainment you want it to be.
- Beaver catnip comes with a tiny Velcro pouched in which you can fill catnip according to your preferences.
- Quite a bigger toy than that of other toys so that your cat can get extra space to chew on, play with, kick, hunt anything she wishes to.
- It is washable, makes it more suitable toy to play with for longer term.
- The pouch cannot be open during play, a con as well as a pro because it prevents the catnip from spilling off.
3. Ethical Pet Sponge Soccer Ball
Ethical pet sponge soccer ball catnip toy will make your home an interesting football field for your cats. The star athlete in your family will love to kick and headbutt these toys into the net, or just on your floor! These multicolor balls are made from soft foam-like material.
The soft foam-like material prevents many accidents of falling on the floor. After all, your cat won’t organize the balls into a proper place, they are always going to be around! They should not be hard, anyone can easily flip over. They will surely eradicate your cat’s boredom.
The main reason for these balls to be so amazing is that your cat can play in multiple ways, keeping her occupied with instincts of hunting, stalking, and exploring may prevent boredom and frustration. This will help a lot in managing behavioral issues if she has any.
- The multicolor ball is made from soft foam-like material, which is a safer option than normal hard balls.
- Comes in a pack of 4 multicolor balls so that if you lose one the fun doesn’t stop.
- Bright colors such as blue, pink, yellow, etc. so that anyone can easily spot them on the floor, to prevent slipping off.
- Encourage natural instincts of hunting, stalking, and exploring may prevent boredom and frustration.
- Helps in correction of behavioral issues if she has any.
- These balls are not refillable, but they come in a pack of four, which can be enough for a longer period of time.
4. Yeowww! Yellow Banana Catnip Toy
The yellow banana catnip toy is one of its kind, if you are bored with using the same toys of birds and mice and want a change, go for this one. It’s not just attractive with the looks, but does it work so well that even you might feel like playing with it.
This banana is stuff with 100% catnip, no other filling. This makes it so effective, you don’t have to worry about your curious kitty tearing it apart, as it’s made up of durable cotton twill fabric. Worried if your curious cat constantly puts in her mouth?
Well don’t be, it’s 100% safe, made from soy / vegetable-based dyes that are natural and non-toxic. This banana shape toy might become the center of your cat’s world. She will not just play with but can curl up and cuddle while sleeping.
So when you’re not there, this catnip toy will company your pet is playing and cuddling.
- This yellow banana catnip toy is stuffed with 100% original catnip, no other filling.
- Made up of durable cotton twill fabric, so that your cat won’t have to pause its fun play, prevents breakout.
- Made from soy / vegetable-based dyes that are natural and non-toxic, safe to put in mouth.
- A very good option to curl up and cuddle while sleeping, comfort cats while you are not around.
- Might not look like a cat’s prey, but it does serve its needs as well as also other needs like comforting your cat.
5. Ourpets Play-N-Squeak Mouse Hunter Cat Toy
Ourpets play-n-squeak is designed to encourage physical play and mental stimulation. The natural, enticing sound is like a cherry on the top. Our furry friends get super excited to chase this mouse. You won’t find any real mice brought as a price to you, once she gets to play with this catnip toy.
Helps to relieve stress, anxiety, and boredom, cats have particular needs like they need to be active to stay healthy. We understand that you can’t give your undivided attention every day. This toy will do your work. A good playtime will release your cat’s stress.
Contains North-American grown fragrant catnip, which plays a crucial role in encouraging cats to play. The effect of catnip on cats is such that even the laziest pal will be rolling on the floor. This is so far a very useful toy, just drop it on the floor, and you are good to go.
- Encourage physical play and mental stimulation in cats, which is so necessary for their overall growth.
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and boredom which is developed by no-play at all. Mostly pet cats suffer from this.
- Contains North-American grown fragrant catnip to attract her and make toys more interesting.
- Copy the sound like that of a real mouse, also have a fur like texture, looks like a real mouse.
- Not refillable, tho it contains north- American grown fragrant catnip, which itself stays fresh for a longer duration of time than any other.
6. Smartykat, Chickadee Chirp
Smartykat, Chickadee Chirp catnip toys are one of our favorite, a union of both touch-activated noises that imitate the sound of an actual bird. Cats love to chase birds, especially when they are making a chirping sound, this attracts them to another level. Definitely, it will be a fun time for your lovely cat.
We understand your struggle to make your cat play and exercise, as it’s a very crucial factor in keeping her healthy. Smartykat chickadee chirping Bird is also a catnip toy. Extremely lazy cats will also pounce for hours. You can bond with her strongly.
The effectiveness of catnip is no hidden fact if you are tired of offering multiple toys to your feline friend, and she walks over them, try Smartykat chickadee chirping Bird. It only takes a few sniffs of this fantastic catnip for kittens to go from sniffing to licking to chewing like they’re in kitty heaven.
- Union of both touch-activated noises that imitate the sound of an actual bird, which attracts the cat to the next level.
- A good option for you to bond with your cat, makes her exercise and satisfy natural hunting instinct.
- Filled with natural ingredients, and free from any toxic chemicals or pesticides.
- Available in bright colors wings like pink, orange, green with life like size.
- Contains refillable catnip so that you can use it as many times you want.
- Can’t witness any cons of this product.
7. Frisco Basic Plush Mice Cat Toy With Catnip
The history of mice and cats is as old as you could imagine. That’s why Frisco basic plush brings you a mouse cat toy with a fuzzy texture to seize and bite, string tails to chase, and Canadian catnip infusion. A very good option for your cat playtime.
Mice are something that a cat could never resist, especially when you have a lazy one, there could be various reasons for cats losing their interest in hunting. So if you have a cat who is deprived of play, just toss these around her.
The effect of catnip toys arouses the cat’s “happy” receptors in the brain. This is good for them, it helps to relieve stress. This interactive toy is the best way for your cat to exercise.
- Colorful mice cat toys with tails and catnip infused, excites and encourages your cat for playtime.
- Due to its soft texture, your cat can bite, kick and carry around the house easily.
- One of the best ways to energize your cat’s hunting instincts.
- Available in a pack of 3 or 5 option, so that if you lost one, you don’t have to rush to buy another.
- You can’t refill catnip in these mice toys, that is why they come in a pack of 3 or 5, for a sustainable use.
How to Choose the Best Catnip Toys
While choosing catnip toys for cats, there are few things to keep in mind for the topmost use. We had mentioned a few points for your better understanding. Just think about your fur buddy’s size, nature, and breed. This is definitely going to help you give it a good read.
The topmost factor you need to keep in mind while choosing any catnip toy. The catnip toys should not be too large or smaller than your cat’s size. They can be a choking hazard or difficult to play with. Also, make sure that only no other toxic substance is present in it.
A catnip toy should only be filled with catnip, any other substance could be harmful or allergic to your cat.
The size of catnip toys depends totally on that of your cat. Since cats love to carry their toys around the whole house or other desirable areas. They should not be too big, which might cause trouble in carrying them around. Neither is too small, which can be a choking hazard for them.
Usually, there is a wide range of catnip toys, different shapes, colors, pattern sizes, etc. so there is going to be a range starting from $2 to $50. But you need to decide on the basics of your cat’s preference, as she could love the cheapest one over the most expensive or vice versa.
A catnip toy is something that is not that cheap for you to throw away after one use. Just like you can’t chew the same gum for weeks, your cat’s toy needs a refill, too. Most of the toys have the ability to allow you to catnip-filled them. With this quality, you can always keep them fresh and also decide what amount you want them to use.
FAQs About Catnip Toys
Which is the best catnip toy?
Petstages catnip and dental health cat toy is the best catnip toy, because of its wide use. They are also useful in terms of dental health toys. Infused with premium dried catnip, keep your pet interested, for hours. This not just helps to keep them engaged, but also eliminates the destructive behavior.
Promotes positive habits. As they come in a pack of three, one or more cats can play at a time.
How much do catnip toys cost?
Catnip toys range from $2 to $16. Just like we’ve a wide selection to choose from when it comes to human babies, it’s the same with cats. There are numerous toys available in the market. Depending upon the texture, size, material, etc.
If you are on a budget, you can still give the best catnip toy to your pal, Ethical pet sponge soccer ball cat toy is the best option available at the cheapest price. While Kong beaver, a refillable catnip toy, is the high-end toy.
How long does the effect of catnip toys last?
Catnip is a herb from the mint family, is The effect of catnip toys lasts not more than 10-15 minutes. Usually, it’s safe for cats to play with catnip toys. It makes them more interesting than regular toys. Mostly to encourage cats to play and exercise, best for those pet owners with lazy pals.
But if you have a cat who is addicted to the catnip, the use should be limited. Excess of anything can be harmful.
How do you keep catnip toys fresh?
Catnip toys last for about a week or two without the need to refill or respray, but that doesn’t mean it goes out of use. You can store catnip toys in a sealed bag and then refrigerate them, to retain maximum freshness during play sessions.
The second option would be for a longer-term, which are you can take a glass jar, as big as a pickle jar, store catnip in it, and then put your catnip toys in them. You can definitely get more life out of them.
Cats are very skeptical when it comes to toys, that’s why you need to choose such a toy which she could hardly resist. We had selected the best catnip toys, keeping in mind the various aspects which a toy should consist for being most suitable.
With plenty of toys in the market, we had selected the best one for you, qualities such as dental health toys. Keep them engaged, but also eliminates destructive behavior. Give your cat moments of joyfulness with necessary exercise to keep her healthy physically as well as mentally.