Are you ready to buy a litter box for your adorable kitten, but feeling overwhelmed and unsure of where to start?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve done the research and compiled our top choices for the best litter boxes on the market, complete with reviews and helpful buying tips.
So take a deep breath, scroll down, and let us help you make an informed decision on the perfect litter box for your furry friend.
A Quick Glance at the Winners of 2023
Tidy Cats Breeze Kitten Litter Box System
- Litter pads prevent ammonia odor
- The litter box has a drawer to keep litter pads
- Includes bag full of pellet litter
Petsafe Scoopfree Automatic Kitten Litter Boxes
- Includes disposable tray
- Reduce time of cleaning
- Includes a health counter device that helps to keep track of your kitty’s motion
The 11 Best Litter Box for Kittens Reviews
1. Tidy Cats Breeze Kitten Litter Box System
This kitten litter box system by The Purina Tidy cat store is our premium pick from the market. It may look like a basic one, but this box has high technology that traps the bad odor and controls waste management.
The USP of this litter box for kittens is that it includes absorbent litter pads that separate the liquid and solid waste. These disposable litter pads also lock the moisture, so that the box remains dry and doesn’t stink.
While using this kitten litter box, pet parents need not scoop the urine clumps, as solid one remains at the top and liquid waste gets absorbed in the litter pads. So this saves their cleaning time.
“To conclude, we think this is the overall best litter box for kittens.”
- Apart from scooper and litter pads, this litter box includes a bag full of pellet litter which gives one-month refills to your kitten.
- Litter pads prevent ammonia odor and make odor-free surroundings for up to a week for a single kitten.
- This kitten litter box has a drawer that can be used to keep the litter pads in place and out of the reach of your kitten while she is using the breeze litter box.
- The flaw of this litter box system is that you need to change the pellet litter and pads every month, which might cause you a bit expensive.
2. Petsafe Scoopfree Automatic Kitten Litter Boxes
Want to spend more quality time with your kitten rather than investing in cleaning? No worry, check this Automatic kitten litter box by Petsafe, it is our editor’s pick from the market.
This self-cleaning litter box for kittens provides your kitten with fresh surroundings whenever she wants to use it.
This litter box comes in different colors and gives a stylish look that might attract your kitten also. The pan concept is very simple all you need to do is place the box in a suitable corner, close it and let your kitten do their business without being disturbed by outer surroundings.
So yeah, it can be said that this litter box for kittens for the money is worth investing in.
- The litter box includes a disposable tray with plastic lining that helps in preventing any leakage and keeps your floor clean and tidy.
- This automatic litter box reduces the time of cleaning, you just need to remove the disposable tray and throw it. No scooping, scraping, or refiling of your kitten litter box is required for weeks.
- The USP of this kitten litter box is that it includes a health counter device that helps to keep a track of your little kitty friend that how many times they have used the box in a day.
- The downside of this litter box for kittens is that it is designed for specific litter only, you just cannot pour any random litter in the box.
3. Van Ness Cat Starter Kit
The litter box for kittens by Van Ness offers you a good budget-friendly pick available on the market. Especially, it is an ideal choice for new cat owners, it works as a starter kit for them.
Apart from the litter box, the kit includes a scooper, a water bowl, and a fine dining dish also complete with liners.
This litter box has no fancy features, it has an open-top concept which is convenient for your kitten to get in the box and do their business. So it is a good buy for the cat parents as you will get essential stuff in one kit only.
- This litter box includes resistant plastic, which helps to trap the bad odor and stains.
- A litter box is highly polished, which means you can easily scrap the waste and clean the box.
- The litter pan provides high wall sides so that when your kitten is using the box then there are fewer chances of splitting the litter on the floor.
- It has a very thin liner, so if your kitten has a habit of scratching, then it’s a high possibility that they will tear it.
Want to give a new look to your furball’s litter box then here you go check out the best affordable modern litter box, your feline (Queen) deserves it.
4. Kitty’s Wonderbox Disposable Litter Box
The disposable litter box by Kitty’s Wonderbox is a great choice for kittens who know how to use it as well as for fresher ones and can be used on outings/trips.
This litter box for kittens is made from 100% biodegradable recycled paper, so you can easily dispose of the box when a fresh one is needed without feeling guilty. Its recycled material and open-top pan design increase the airflow that helps to keep the litter dry and control the pan odor.
- This litter box lasts for a few weeks with proper cleaning, and then you can replace it with a new one.
- It has a low entry point which is perfect for kittens, they just need to hop in and out. Especially, if your kitten is on a training period, then it is a perfect choice.
- Wonderbox litter box for kittens eliminated the need for scooping or deep cleaning, once your kitten’s litter box gets unpleasant just dispose of it and replace it with a new one.
- It is temporary, once your kitten gets trained or reaches the adulthood phase you need to switch it.
5. Iris Open Top Kitty Litter Box
The Iris Open-Top Kitten Litter Box is considered one of the best litter boxes for kittens on the market. It has a large space, and easy entrance facility, so your kitten will find no difficulty in adapting to this box habit.
This cat litter box for kittens has three-sided walls bolstered, which prevent your feline friend to kick out the litter from the box when they are in flicking behavior mode. At the time of cleaning, you can easily remove these bolstered walls so that the box can be cleaned properly.
The transparent look of the litter box makes it easier to wipe off any dirt visible on the wall side and also helps your little feline friend to feel secure without being too exposed or enclosed in the box.
- The litter box has an easy top-open entry facility, so your kitten can easily access it, and has a deep surface design that gives your kitten a semi-private space.
- After replacing the litter completely from the box, you can sanitize the box without worrying much about smell retention.
- The litter box comes with a scooping spoon that can be used for easy cleaning, and it can fit anywhere in the box.
- The litter box surface is not flat and in the corner areas, there is an indentation that will make it difficult to scoop out the waste from the corner. But overall the design is good and useful.
6. Petfusion Non-Stick Large Litter Box
Looking for any basic litter box for your feline friend? Check out this Non-Stick litter box by Petfusion, it is a simple litter pan with no bonus features. This low entry litter box is made up of ABS plastic and is immensely durable in nature.
This kitten litter box size offers your kitty to move around freely, and its low entry point makes it simple for your kitten to move in and out as needed according to their height. So, it can be said that it is a great option for kittens until they reach the adulthood phase.
Its material includes a non-stick coating that helps to reduce stinky odors and provides hygienic surroundings for your kitten.
As well its high-sided, litter box wall helps to prevent the scattering of litter out of the box when your little kitty is in a playful mood.
- The box has well-rounded curves which make it easy for scooping or cleaning the box.
- Its material has the capacity of resisting odor, so it makes the cleaning process very easy.
- This litter box for kittens promotes healthy usage for your feline as it has an open-top feature.
- The non-sticking feature of the litter box is not long-lasting.
- For some kittens, the wall side of the litter box might not be too high, as they easily flick the litter out of the box.
7. Pet Fit for Life Collapsible Portable Cat Litter Box
Pet owners who love traveling or most of the time are out of town due to some work and don’t want their kitten to be left alone at home. For them, this portable litter box for kittens by Pet fit for life store is an ideal choice because it is entirely collapsible in nature.
The outer surface is made from nylon fabric, which makes it easy for cleaning, and the inner surface has waterproof poly plastic that helps to absorb the liquid.
The bonus feature of this top entry litter box for kittens is that it provides you with a collapsible bowl dish for your kitten, which you can take with you on travel.
- This litter box is also a good choice for training your kitten.
- You can easily fold this litter box and keep it anywhere as it requires less storage space.
- It is reusable, so no need to keep any backup litter box with you in traveling.
- The litter box is not sturdy, so it requires a large amount of litter to prevent the box from collapsing. But overall it’s a good buy, especially for traveling purposes.
Are you willing to check out the travelling with cat litter box category? Here you go check out the complete article to know everything in detail.
8. Iris Large Shielded Litter Pan
This shielded cat litter box for the kitten by Iris is worth purchasing due to its oval shape, it provides large room space and a low entry point. So, your kitten can easily get in and out of the box and can sit comfortably.
This kitten litter box also has a matching litter scoop and has a polished interior for easy cleaning and has a three-sided wall that prevents the litter from scattering outside and your kitten will not be able to make much mess while training.
It comes in two color options white and black, and the oval shape of the box helps to clean the box effectively which means there will be no hard corners where clumps will get stuck.
- You can remove the top part of the box for cleaning the surface easily.
- The low entry point gives easy access for your kitten to go in or out freely.
- The scooper provided along with the box is good for cleaning clumps, but it is a bit flimsy.
Good Pet Stuff has designed a hidden litter box for your little kitty friend which gives the look of a plantation pot and be used as decorative stuff for home decor.
It is divided into two pieces bottom and top surface which gives a real clay pot look and has cut in front, from where your feline friend can easily get into the box. The artificial plant is used to give this box a complete vase look.
This vase cum litter box for kittens provides a large room space for your kitten to get in, and its filtered vent system helps to prevent odor and dust particles.
- Due to the unique plantation look of the litter box, your guest will never know where you have kept your kitten’s litter box until and unless your feline friend doesn’t tell them.
- This litter box is made from durable polypropylene which exactly gives a look like a real clay pot.
- Large room space of this litter box is a great option for multi kittens.
- Due to its pot design and large shape, it is not easy to clean the box.
- It has a flimsy lid that comes off easily.
10. Booda Dome Cleanstep Litter Box
The Booda Dome Cleanstep Litter box is one of the best litter boxes for kittens as it is designed in a dome shape and provides privacy to your kitten where they can do their business.
The litter box entrance has steps that help to remove litter from your kitten’s paw when it comes out from the dome.
This hooded box is a great choice for kittens who had just started using the litter box because they can easily adapt to this habit. They won’t have any problem walking the ramp and doing their business in a sheltered area.
The small litter box for kittens has a carbon filter that helps to control the odor and fight against airborne odor.
- It provides easy entrance and a low tracking point.
- For cleaning, you just simply need to remove the top of the litter box and filter out the waste. While cleaning the box, make sure the steps are free of waste.
- Some kittens might not like this dome design concept because not everyone likes being enclosed in the dark.
11. Scoopfree Original Automatic Cat Litter Box
The self-cleaning kitten litter box by Scoopfree is the ultimate savior for pet parents who have a busy schedule. It can be left alone for weeks at a time, the only self-cleaning litter box which uses a disposable litter tray to provide hands-free convenience.
Its automatic rake system wipes waste in 20 minutes after your kitten used it into the covered compartment. The litter box has a sensor detector that activates when your kitten re-enters the box and will reset the 20 minutes time again.
- It includes crystal litter that is five-time more effective in reducing unwanted smell than other clay or clumping litter.
- A disposable litter tray is an ideal choice for cleaning, whereas a plastic tray only helps to prevent it from leaking but won’t help to control the stinky odor of urine.
- This litter box for kittens uses less litter compared to other boxes on the market.
- This litter box is electronic hence it always needs a plugging point.
- If you have more than one kitten, then there is a high chance that the box will be filled up faster.
How to Choose the Perfect Litter Box for Kittens?
As a pet parent, you have an idea about how selective or fussy your kitten can be at times about their stuff be it food, litter, bowl, or even a litter box. So before choosing a litter box for your existing or new kitten you need to do a detailed analysis of the product size, material, texture, etc.
But don’t worry on your behalf we have done some analysis of the features that are included in the list of best litter boxes for kittens in the market, all you need to do is just sit back and go through the information which is given below to get a clear understanding.
When you are purchasing a litter box for kittens, then opt for a medium-size not too small or too big for your kitten, because your little feline friend will not remain the same size they will grow up. We know they like to dig in and require ample space to turn around and sit comfortably, so purchase it wisely.
Apart from space and size, height also matters, so go for those boxes which offer you lower entry points and high-sided walls to avoid the flicking of litter on the floor when your kitten is inside the box.
But keep in mind that walls should not be so high that your kitten falls down while trying to enter the box from the side area.
Self-Cleaning Litter Box
Nowadays, pet owners mostly prefer automatic litter boxes because of a busy schedule, and they want to spend more quality time with their little felines. These advanced technology devices offer you a disposable litter tray, you just simply need to replace it with a new one no need of scooping, scraping the waste.
Most importantly, this type of litter box for kittens helps to trap the odor and provide fresh surroundings to your kitten. But many kittens get scared of these boxes because of unfamiliar noise, so you have to train them properly and make them feel secure.
Covered V/S Non-Covered
As per the market, survey kittens prefer both covered and non-covered litter boxes equally. Covered litter boxes give privacy to your feline friend so that they can freely do their business, and it also helps to trap the odor some have carbon filters also which further reduce the bad odor. If you are buying a covered one, then opt for a lower entry point with wider space.
Most kittens get scared in a closed box, so no worry, nowadays a covered box has an option where you can simply remove the top load and provide your kitten a comfortable litter box.
So it solely depends on kittens in which one they will be comfortable.
Normally the litter boxes for kittens are made of plastics, but now it comes in various materials like disposable boxes are made from recycled paper and also trap the ammonia odor which allows fresh air to go.
The odor and stain-resistant plastic material are also available that help to filter out the odor and prevent the box from stinking, etc. So you have a wide option of which one you want to buy for your kitten.
FAQs About Litter Box for Kittens
Which is the best litter box for kittens?
Tidy Cats Breeze Kitten Litter Box System and PetSafe ScoopFree Automatic kitten Litter Boxes are among the best litter boxes for kittens on the market. As they include high techniques such as absorbent litter pads that help to absorb the liquid waste and resistant plastic help to control the stain and bad odor that allow fresh air to flow and give your kitten clean surroundings.
How much does a litter box for kittens cost?
A litter box for kittens is available in various ranges and as advanced technologies come into the market, the prices vary according to the features. So if you want to buy the best kitten litter box for your little friend, then it will cost you something nearby $10 to $179 on the market.
Do I need a special litter box for kittens?
Buying a litter box for a kitten is a bit tricky task because you have to opt for such boxes in which you can train them also. So for kittens, go for a lower entry and shallow litter boxes, so that they can easily access the box and do their business.
Do kittens prefer open or closed litter boxes?
According to the survey, the result shows that the majority of kittens use both open and closed litter boxes. So it solely depends upon the kitten’s mood and preference, if they get clean boxes then there is a high tendency they can use both open and closed.
Do kittens use litter boxes immediately?
Until your kitten is three weeks older, she will not adapt to the use of a litter box. If your kitten is not three weeks older than initially, they need to go to the washroom only. After that, you can start giving training to your little feline friend and make them use the litter box and make them habituated to it.
Here, we will sum up our article and once again give you a reminder about our overall best choice i.e. Tidy Cats Breeze Kitten Litter Box System, it comes with absorbent litter pads that separate the liquid and solid waste and have the latest technology device of odor control and waste management.
In terms of pocket-friendly options, the Van Ness Cat Starter Kit is our top choice as it is a self-cleaning litter box and provides fresh surroundings to your kitten whenever she wants.
Hopefully, our reviews and buyer’s guide tips regarding the best litter box for kittens help you to clear your doubts/confusion and make the right choice by selecting the appropriate litter box for your little feline friend.