Looking for the best scratching post for your little fur ball? Look no further! After testing and using over 150 different options, we have narrowed it down to our top 9 picks. Trust us, your kitten will thank you for getting them a scratching post.
Not only will it satisfy their natural hunting instincts and scratching needs, but it will also provide a great source of stretching for them. Plus, it’s important to keep in mind that if you don’t provide a scratching post, your kitten may turn to your couch as prey, putting them at an 80% risk of getting hurt.
Don’t let that happen, get them a scratching post and ensure a healthy and happy kitten.
A Glance of Our Favorites in 2023
4 Paws Stuff Tall Scratching Post
- Ready to use with minimum effort
- Sturdy material which won’t fall on your kitten that easily
- Made up of eco-friendly materials
The Refined Feline Calypso 31-in Rattan Cat Scratching Post
- It can be used as a showpiece
- Built with durable materials to endure lots of clawing
- For all type of cat sizes
The 9 Best Scratching Post for Kittens Reviews
Kittens from the age of 8-12 weeks are in deep need of scratching surfaces, as they developed a very strong urge to scratch on any surface they see. We have selected the 9 best scratching post for kittens from the internet to make it easy for you.
1. 4 Paws Stuff Tall Scratching Post
Our top picks 4 Paws Stuff Tall Scratching Post is one of the most desired scratching post for kittens. Ready to use with minimum effort, just screw them together and the setup is ready.
The sturdiness is probably the talk of the town, thick pressed wood offers a safe play for kittens of any weight so that it falls on your poor tiny kitten when she tries to play harder. You get FREE Velcros to stick on the floor for a safer option, which aids in keeping the floor clean.
The height of this scratching post for kittens is 22-inch clothed in sisal fabric and plush which is an eco-friendly material safe for pet owners and their pets. The major effect of this kind of material is that your kitten’s health isn’t jeopardized.
Not just kittens, but your furniture is also going to be satisfied, as your kitten will engage in so many fun activities that she will not even look back at the sofa.
To conclude, we think this is the overall best scratching post for kittens.
- Ready to use with minimum effort, just screw them jointly and the setup is ready.
- Sturdy material which won’t fall on your kitten that easily, even if she plays roughly.
- Free Velcros, which easily stick to the floor, prevent your floor from getting dirty.
- Made up of eco-friendly materials which is safe for you and your kitten.
- The 4 Paws stuff tall scratch post for kittens is our top choice because it has no cons, even after spending a good amount of time on research.
2. The Refined Feline Calypso 31-in Rattan Cat Scratching Post
The unique design of the Refined Feline Calypso 31-in Rattan Cat Scratching Post might be one of many reasons for keeping it in the second position. A union of fashion and function makes it so desirable option.
Kittens choose our furniture as a form of prey on their own, they don’t need anyone’s guidance in it. So we understood one thing, that they have an eye for furniture. Executing this idea into life, the Refined Feline Calypso 31-in rattan cat scratching post does no harm to your interior as it looks like a piece of furniture.
99% of the time, your kitten will fall for it and will be attracted to it naturally. The wireframe is wrapped in a super-strong rattan. Your kitten can use all her force into it, still, it won’t tear apart. The base is solid and strong to prevent falling on your kitten during enthusiastic scratching sessions.
Many times, pet owners get tired of the stuff they have to collect in order to keep their pets happy and healthy. In such situations, this scratching post for kittens is a blessing. It looks super cool and gels along with any background or interior of the house.
So you don’t have to worry about adjusting it to a spot where it is less likely to be seen by others.
- Looks like a piece of uniquely designed furniture, so you don’t have to worry about adjusting it to a spot where it is less likely to be seen by others.
- The wire frame is cover in a super strong rattan, which will take all the scratching of your little warrior and still won’t tear apart.
- To prevent falling on your kitten even during the enthusiastic scratching sessions, the base of this best scratching post for kittens is sturdy and strong.
- You can also use this kitten scratch post as a showpiece in your living room.
- With being on the second position, it is also an expensive choice.
3. Frisco 21-in Sisal Kitten Scratching Post with Toy
If you are on a budget and also don’t want your kitten to struggle around the furniture and curtains of your home for her scratching needs, you got to buy Frisco 21-in Sisal Rope Kitten Scratching Posts with a toy. With the best value for money, it gives you a wide variety to choose colors for your home.
Gray, cream, aqua, brown, coral, cheetah, plenty oft exciting color options, my personal favorite is cheetah and coral as it looks so elegant and indicates its belongings to kittens, strong yet fragile! Kittens would love to scratch on these posts.
The durable, woven sisal covers all four sides, which not only fulfill the instinctual need to scratch but makes the full body of your kitten stretch. In such a way, she will also develop great claws/nails with a healthier body. You’ll save your expensive furniture from getting damaged with the stamp of this little scratching monster!
The 21-inch vertical post for vertical scratching, which is the ideal height for stretching, comes with a soft, hanging pom-pom for kittens to play with. It becomes a good form of play and exercise toy. They’re safe for declawed kittens
- Dual-textured of this scratching post for kittens is with a 360-degree sisal covering, durable woven sisal cover.
- Your kitten will develop outstanding claws/nails with a healthier body.
- Ideal height for stretching, which is 21-inch vertical post.
- Comes with an exercise toy, soft, hanging pom-pom for kittens to play with.
- Frisco 21-in sisal kitten scratching post comes in gray, cream, aqua, brown, coral, cheetah exciting color options.
- The Frisco 21-in sisal kitten scratching post is a bit short, might not be a suitable option for cats.
4. Midwest Cat Furniture
Midwest cat furniture is a go-to option if you’re looking for something not too catchy for your home, or kitten! It is remarkably durable and thick. Don’t underestimate its ability to tackle multiple kittens just because it is a single rod. It is made for multiple kitten use at a time.
The sturdiness is such an attractive element of the Midwest cat furniture, like many other cats scratching posts in the market fall easily when the kitten tries to climb up or plays a little roughly. Accidents might take place and your kitten will end up hurt.
This will not be the case with Midwest cat furniture, you can trust your kitten with that. Extra thick kitten scratching post/kitten furniture highlights engaging, ultra-soft brown faux fur. The plush dark fur helps you to wipe and clean kitten hair and accidents.
Very easy to put together which means no waiting for your kitten’s playtime, you can even hide it off when not in use. A pro-tip is that you can hang any kitten toy with a string to encourage her to play if she gets bore of scratching.
- Midwest cat furniture is remarkably durable, thick, and fully extend.
- This scratching post for kittens, is good option to play for one or more kittens or even cats.
- Won’t fall down easily, even if the kitten tries to climb up or plays a little roughly.
- Thick kitten scratching post/kitten furniture highlights engaging, ultra-soft brown faux fur.
- Wipe and clean kitten hair and accidents effortlessly with the plush dark fur.
- Easy to assemble, your kittens does not have to wait more than few seconds to play.
- It does not come with any attached toy, but it has enough space which allows you to hang any kitten toy with a string to encourage her to play if she gets bore of scratching.
5. Amazon Basics Cat Scratching Post with Toy
This three-pillar which is an Amazon basics Cat Scratching Post with a toy is a marvelous option for kittens owners. Kittens start to practice their hunting abilities from the very beginning, and you need to make sure they don’t pull it off on your carpet, furniture, or any kitten-reachable things.
The best part is that you have to buy it once, and then it will still be in use after your kitten grows up into an adorable cat. The multiple pillars are of different heights and different colors, which becomes a good cause for having various experiences.
Now last but not least important, the fabric! Natural jute and cotton rope, scratching on them, your kitten will gain healthy nails.
It comes with a ball that acts as prey for kittens to encourage hunting skills and stretching of the muscles as much as they could. A size is an ideal option for kittens to cats. The multicolor of three pillar Amazon basics cat scratching post gel along with other objects in the house very easily as it is lighter in shade.
- Can be used by kittens to medium size cats so that you don’t have to buy another one after she grows up.
- The multiple pillars are of different heights and different colors, giving your kitten various experience.
- It is made up of natural jute and cotton rope, these fabrics are best for scratching.
- Your kitten will acquire healthy nails.
- Comes with an attached ball that acts as prey for kittens to encourage hunting skills and stretching of the muscles.
- This scratching post for kittens is quite small as it is customized for their size, won’t be a suitable option for cats of a bigger size.
6. Frisco Cactus Cat Scratching Post
Frisco never leaves a chance of being creative, Frisco Cactus Cat Scratching Post is probably the best example, also wise spending. It is designed in such a way that your kitten can easily experience the feeling of being near a tree. She can scratch on the lower side as long as she wants.
Later with the support of a moppy fabric plush material from which the kitten could nuzzle and climb very easily. She would never get tired of exploring the fun elements of this cactus cat scratching post. Being a fabulous source of play, it also makes sure that your kitten gets full exercise.
The structure is build up as such that you will find your kitten, climbing, stretching, and purring with happiness after a good playtime. All these elements make her a healthy and happy kitten. On top of that, she will spare your furniture and curtains forever.
Frisco cactus cat scratching post is specifically designed in such an attractive way, that it won’t disturb the interior setting of your home. We know how important it is to have a good interior while having cats and dogs at home. Giving you ease in this section.
- Frisco cactus cat scratching post provides a healthy scratching and keep the nails of your kittens healthy.
- This cat scratching post have a stable base, so that kittens play time is not hinder.
- Takes no time to assemble so that she can play whenever she wants without wasting even a second.
- The cactus shaped kitten scratching post is an add-on to the fancy interior of your home, rather than an ugly looking element.
- This is a scratching post for kittens, and that’s why it is quite smaller, so it might not be a suitable option for cats.
7. Smartcat the Ultimate 32-in Sisal Scratching Post
The Smartcat the Ultimate is a scratching post of 32 post height. This will not only boost your kitten to aim higher, but it will be an excellent source for her muscle development. This feature is so necessary for them, as the growing-up phase determines the roots of stronger and healthier cat life.
Stress eliminator did you know all activities which kittens do, like scratching, biting licking also helps them to release their stress! So why not let them do it professionally, sooner or later you have to get one scratching post for your kitty.
Fibrous and durable woven sisal inspires your kitty to scratch for however time she wants to without hurting herself, isn’t that’s what you want. Many times when we leave the need for scratching unattended, our kittens take no time to land into trouble!
Curtains and furniture are not for them to scratch, it will make them bleed at a certain point. Plus, this scratching post is toned in such a way where it won’t look like some ugly block of wood! Guests and neighbors would consider it as a furnishing style.
To assemble, the Kitten scratching post comes with two included screws.
- Hike your kitten to aim higher with an excellent source for her muscle development with this scratching post for kittens.
- A good option of stress eliminator in kittens and cats.
- The fibrous and durable woven sisal inspires your kitty to scratch for however time she wants to without hurting herself.
- The Kitten scratching post is easy to assemble, including two screws.
- The only con this smartcat the ultimate is a scratching post have is that it is quite expensive.
8. Pawz Road 32” Cats Ultimate Scratching Post
Pawz Road 32” Cats Ultimate Scratching Post is built of a wooden base covered with plush cloth, ensures the safety and quality of your kitten’s playtime. The sturdiness handles kicks and punches with the scratching of your litter fighter.
Kittens in their growing up phase require a lot of attention, whereas being a responsible pet owner, you need to make sure she is getting every exercise that is necessary for muscle development. That is why this comes with a small birdie.
The bird with scratching post encourages your kitten hunting instincts, with that she will also learn to pounce and swatting! With scratching needs, you are also unleashing the inner tiger of your kitten. One more bonus feature is the top cover plank which can represent a throne for her, from where kittens can appreciate a better view.
Maximum stretch, so whether it’s a kitten or cat, both can have an equal amount of fun.100% natural durable sisal will take even the strongest cat scratcher. For your kittens, it helps to make their claws sharper so that they will spare your expensive furniture.
- This scratching post for kittens, gives your kitten and cats a healthy scratching habit.
- Kitten scratching post is combine of a wooden base covered with plush cloth, ensures the safety and quality of your kitten’s playtime.
- Comes with an attached bird, to encourages your kitten hunting instincts.
- The top cover plank gives your kitten a place to sit and enjoy her soundings through a higher surface.
- Maximum stretch, 100% natural durable sisal will take even the strongest scratcher.
- The Pawz road 32” cat’s ultimate scratching post includes carpet which might require cleaning work if your kitten create litter on it, her fur will stick too, so it might require more cleaning work than rest.
9. Lovely Caves Sunflower Cat Scratching Post
When your kitten starts scratching each and every surface of your home, you know that it’s time to get her a cat scratching post. Lovely caves’ Sunflower might be a bright option for your kitten as well as your home, it comes in the shape of a sunflower.
It is made up of felt, rope, and artificial turf, all of them are safe and soft for your kitten’s paws. This design of sunflower gives her an experience of scratching on different surfaces as three kinds of material are being used. Your cat will love to scratch without getting bored!
It’s quite short, which is why your kitten can comfortably play with it. The sunflower cat scratching post excels in its design of a flower which also makes your home look pretty, it would be hard to figure out that it’s not a decor piece.
- The sunflower, kitten scratching post is made by three excellent and soft fibers, felt, rope, and artificial turf.
- Design of sunflower gives your kitten an experience of scratching on different surfaces.
- The sunflower cat scratching post excels in its design of a flower, which also makes your home look pretty.
- The size of it is smaller than other kitten scratching post in market, which makes it more suitable to play with.
- As the sunflower kitten scratching post is specifically for kittens, it is shorter. Which may be less desirable for cats.
How to Choose the Perfect Scratching Post for Kittens
Now that you understand about scratching post for kittens, let’s hop onto the things you should keep in mind before choosing the right one! Always keep safety on the top of your list.
The main reason we look for scratching post for kittens is that they don’t prey on our furniture, curtains, footwear, and whatever they get insight! Besides being a source of damage, they also hurt themselves pretty badly. You got to make sure the fabric or material of these posts is as such that they won’t hurt your kitty.
Soft fibers like, felt, rope, and artificial turf are safer for your kitten to hop on.
While choosing a scratching post for kittens, you need to be very particular about the size. Mostly on the internet, you will find a muddle of scratching post for kittens/cats. This difference is something not to be taken that casually. You need a much smaller scratching post for your kitten so that she can easily reach and play.
Height determines the safety level of your kitten because many times they get to indulge in rough play which marks the possibility of pulling the scratching post on themselves, if it’s bigger, the kitten will hurt itself.
One of the major features is weight, for the selection of any scratching post for your kittens because she is going to topple over. And the probability of hurting rises. This will make the kitten feel insecure, and she will not use it.
So you need to get a sturdy scratching post for kittens that have balanced weight. Not too heavy, not too light.
As a scratching post kitten is going to be a part of your living room or bedroom, which means it needs to have some presentable feature. Being a pet owner, you must have been tired of all the stuff around the house of them.
In such a situation, a scratcher with some style statement won’t harm you. A scratching post for your kitten comes in a wide range of styles, shapes, and sizes, chose the one which suits your taste.
FAQs About Scratching Post for Kittens
Which is the best scratching post for kittens?
The 4 Paws stuff tall scratching post is the best scratching post for kittens. It is a suitable option for single or multiple kittens. The tallest of you can get is 18.5 inches tall. Comes with an attached toy, which encourages your kitten to play and stretch.
How much does a scratching post for kittens cost?
A scratching post for kittens starts from a price range of $14.99 to $93.86. If you want to have the cheapest yet effective scratching post, then the Frisco 21-in sisal kitten scratching post is the best possible option around the globe. And the most expensive one is the Refined Feline Calypso 31-in rattan cat scratching post.
Why does my kitten require a scratching post?
Kittens in the growing up phase required a scratching post because they have a very strong urge to scratch if It’s for sharping their claws or to stretch their muscles. When this need is not satisfied, they prey on your furniture, curtains, footwear, and whatnot!
This not just creates damage to your property, but it also harms them. That’s why a kitten requires a scratching post.
At what age do kittens need scratching post?
One of the most essential things you need to buy after having a kitten is a scratching post. Kittens from the age of 8-12 weeks are eligible to have a scratching post. They developed the physical need to scratch in this particular duration, and scratching to surfaces like that of furniture will harm them.
If you ask the internet about choosing the best scratching post for kittens, you will end up landing on the pages which mostly have scratching posts for cats. Now that’s a mistake you should strictly avoid, with our help you can focus on the need of kittens!
We have selected nine scratching posts for kittens, which provide cats of all ages with the excitement and activity they require in an enjoyable and easy manner for pet parents. Both you and your young tiger will love it, as it gives health benefits, satisfy scratching and hunting instincts with a good playtime.