Homemade food is free of chemicals, and preservatives, only natural ingredients are used for the healthy digestive system of cats. A regular serving of homemade food to your feline will help to keep a check on the intake of calories per day, and the nutrition level.
When your feline pal is suffering from severe health issues, apart from love and care she also needs a proper balanced meal to live a healthy and long life.
By serving homemade food to your feline pal you can have a mental satisfaction that she is receiving natural ingredients. Plus, you can also notice changes in her body that her health is improving day by day.
We have penned down five easy homemade cat food recipes for hyperthyroidism, and also include health benefits to give you a clear image of homemade food.
Nutrition Facts for Hyperthyroid Cat Food Recipe
It’s natural to get worried after knowing your feline is diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, and investing more time in her diet and medication for a speedy recovery is a great option.
So, if you have made up your mind to switch to homemade food for your feline, then you should be clear regarding nutrients, which should be added to her meal.
There are certain components that should be added to her meal without fail such as:
- Amino acid
- Protein(minimum ratio)
- Fatty acid
- Carbohydrates(minimum ratio)
While preparing food for your kitty above nutrients should be added, so make sure you choose ingredients accordingly.
We know, cats are obligate carnivores they require animal by-products to maintain their health, vegetables are an extra add-on for them, not the primary ingredient.
For instance, turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, pork, etc all these meat by-products should be included as the main ingredients followed by others.
Following vet advice and nutrition chart you will surely be able to cook healthy meals for your sick feline and help her for a speedy recovery from hyperthyroidism.
Health Benefits of Homemade Hyperthyroid Cat Food Recipe
So far we have discussed the nutrient value, which should be there in your feline’s meal. From that, you get an idea of what type of ingredients to be used as the main for preparing a healthy meal.
Now, let’s discussed the health benefits of homemade food for your feline suffering from hyperthyroidism.
One of the benefits of serving homemade food is that you know exactly which ingredients you are adding and what ratio. Plus, no chemicals, preservatives, or artificial flavors are added to enhance the taste of the dish.
So, one thing is sure she is receiving healthy and natural meals, which will aid her immune system boost, and fight against infections and diseases.
Furthermore, if ingredients are added to an appropriate level then it automatically enriches the dish with nutrient value.
For instance, felines suffering from hyperthyroidism should be fed Omega-3, vitamins, and minerals supplements because it helps to maintain their metabolism, and help the digestive system to function well.
However, it’s always a good idea to consult the vet and prepare a diet chart according to your feline’s body function. Plus, if she eats homemade food on regular basis, then nothing harm in it, as it will help to control the hyperthyroidism, and no further diseases will develop.
Top Homemade Cat Food Recipes for Hyperthyroidism
Felines diagnosed with hyperthyroidism can live longer if proper diet and medication are given on time. It is important to seek a vet’s help, and follow her diet chart even if you wish to serve her homemade food.
This is because felines with hyperthyroidism need proper nutrients to boost their immune system to fight against the disease. It’s a great idea to serve her homemade food but you have to add particular ingredients, which contain essential nutrients that your kitty’s body needs during the recovery from hyperthyroidism.
So, here we are with easy five healthy yet tempting homemade dishes for cats suffering from hyperthyroidism. All you need to do is follow the step carefully, and serve fresh and hot to your kitty. However, before changing any diet consult the vet and discuss the homemade food chart to avoid any severe health complications.
Recipe 1: Cooked Dry Chicken Cat Food
- Boiling Pot
- Sharp knife, Spoons
- Storage container
- Cooking pot
- Mixer Grinder
- 1 Large Chicken with Giblets
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Omega-3 Fish Oil
- 1/2 Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Taurine Powder
- 2 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoon Vitamin Supplement Powder
- Fill a boiling pot with water, and add chicken with giblets (only thighs, legs, breast).
- Meanwhile, take a pan and grease it well with melted unsalted butter, followed by three egg yolks. Now, stir them well no lumps should be formed.
- Once chicken are boiled enough, bring it to the room temperature and strain excess water.
- Now, take a mixer grinder and finely grind the boiled ingredients. After that take cooking pot and grease it well Omega3-fish oil , folowed by grind ingredients.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes then add vitamins supplemts powder, taurine powder.
- Mix them well and let them cook to get tempting taste.
- Now, you can serve this dry chicken to your feline, and leftovers can be store in container.
Recipe 2: Chicken Rice With Bone Meal
|Chicken Breast||2 Ounces|
|Omega-3 Fish Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown Rice||1 Cup|
|Multi-Vitamin Supplements||1 Tablespoon|
- Firstly, chop the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Take a boiling pot filled with lukewarm water and those chicken pieces.
- Follow the same procedure with brown rice in other utensils.
- Let both the ingredients boil for a few minutes.
- Take a cooking pot and grease it well with Omega-3 fish oil, followed by bonemeal. Now saute it well until the ingredients mix well with each other.
- After that, add boiled chicken legs and brown rice, and mix them well.
- Let it simmer for a while, and add taurine and vitamin supplement powder to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well with the powder, turn off the flame and let it cool down for twenty minutes.
- Now, your kitty’s chicken rice with bonemeal is ready to serve.
Recipe 3: Chicken Soup
|Chicken Legs with Skin and Bone||2 Pieces|
|Stalk of Celery||1|
- Fill a pot with water, and add chicken legs with skin and bones. Now, let it simmer for half an hour.
- Finely chop the carrots and stalk of celery into small pieces, and add them into a pot with chicken legs. Let it boil for a few minutes until they are soft enough to eat.
- Let it simmer to enhance the flavor.
- Once it’s done turn off the flame and bring it to room temperature.
- You can serve it in a bowl or can refrigerate it in an ice cube tray.
- It can last for over a week and before serving it to your kitty make sure you boil it for a few minutes so that it will give tempting look to her and she can enjoy her meal.
Recipe 4: Pumpkin Egg Duo
|Pumpkin Puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered Cat Grass/Catnip||2 Teaspoon|
|Yeast Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg Yolk||1 Whole|
- Take a mixing bowl and add pumpkin puree followed by cat grass/catnip powder, and yeast powder.
- Now, it’s time to add a whole egg yolk to the puree and stir it well until there are no lumps forming in it.
- If the batter is too thick you can add water as per the requirement to make it a bit light.
- Now your pumpkin egg duo is ready, all you need to do is refrigerate it for a few hours to get the ingredients to settle well with each other.
- After that, you can cut them into kibble sizes and serve this pumpkin egg duo to your kitty. She will surely like the taste of this duo and will keep her tummy full for long period.
Recipe 5: Grain-Free Meatloaf
|Turkey Thighs||1 Ounce|
|Squash Meat||0.5 Ounce|
|Chicken Organs||1 Ounce|
|Salmon Oil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Eggshell Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vitamin B and E supllements||1/2 Teaspoon|
- Take a boiling pot and add beef in lukewarm water for a few minutes.
- Follow the same procedure with turkey thighs, and chicken organs. Let them boil until they are soft enough to chop easily.
- After bringing them to room temperature, shift to the grinding procedure.
- All you need to do is take a mixer grinder place all the boiled chopped ingredients and grind it into paste form or small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Take a bowl and add the grinding paste followed by taurine and eggshell powder. Now, mix it well then add salmon oil.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake it for around 60 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool enough take a loaf spread the batter, and cut it into small pieces to feed your feline pal.
Do Hyperthyroid cats eat a lot?
According to a survey it has been observed that felines suffering from hyperthyroidism lose their appetite because it targets their metabolism, and burn calories much faster. In such a case, you should feed her enough calories food to maintain her health.
Is tuna good for cats with Hyperthyroidism?
You can feed tuna fish to your feline suffering from hyperthyroidism but not as a primary ingredient. This is because too much protein is not good for cats with hyperthyroidism it leads to other severe health issues.
Why do Hyperthyroid cats meow so much?
Symptoms like pacing, restlessness, and meowing for no reason are common in felines suffering from hyperthyroidism. It occurs due to increased stimulation in the nervous system which leads to such symptoms in her body. It is advisable to consult the vet and start her medication soonest.
Cats with hyperthyroidism often lose their weight as the disease directly targets metabolism, which leads to loss of appetite. In such a case, it is necessary to feed her a proper diet to maintain her weight so that her body can fight against the disease.
After consulting with the vet, you can start serving homemade food to your feline.
We have penned down five easy healthy and delicious recipes for your kitten suffering from hyperthyroidism. Try out those recipes she will surely enjoy and will demand more related dishes.