After reviewing over 200 plus litter for cats with asthma, we have come up with these 7 safe and best cat litter for asthma!
As a parent to an asthmatic cat, it can be difficult for you to choose the suitable cat litter for your asthmatic feline, because even the tiny particles from the litter can cause problems for your kitty.
When you clean the litter box, the dust and tiny elements get kicked out, and it causes breathing issues for asthmatic cats. So it is important to discuss with your pet’s vet and pick the right cat litter for your asthmatic cat.
We have done some research for you and filtered out the best litter for cats with asthma that is available on the market.
Just scroll down and pick the best one that suits your kitty.
A Quick Comparison of Our Winners (2022)
Scoopfree by Petsafe Crystal Litter Box for Cats
- Generates low dust
- Absorb moisture and quickly remove odor
- Offers low tracking
Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Litter With Herbal Essence
- Includes herbal essence
- Long-lasting as compared to others
- Provide hard clumping and easy to clean
The 7 Best Litter for Cats With Asthma Reviews
1. Scoopfree by Petsafe Crystal Litter Box for Cats
PetSafe ScoopFree is our overall premium choice as the best litter for cats with asthma. It comes with two pre-proportional bags of litter and can be used in any litter box or the PetSafe ScoopFree litter tray.
It is recommended for asthmatic cats because PetSafeScoope has low dust and hypoallergenic material, which is ideal for cats with respiratory sensitivities. So it is a safe choice for both owner and cat.
Furthermore, it does not include any dyes or scented perfumes, so there are fewer chances for your cat to inhale any unwanted smell.
This litter for cats with asthma helps to absorb the urine and dries the solid waste for five times better odor control as compared to clay litter.
In other words, it can be said that it is one of the best cat litter for urinary problems.
To conclude, we think this is the overall best litter for cats with asthma.
- One bag lasts approximately 30 days for a single cat.
- While pouring litter into the box, it generates low dust.
- Crystal litter helps to absorb moisture and quickly remove the odor.
- Crystal litter offers low tracking, which means it will remain in the box only.
- Its non-clumping formula takes more time to clean.
2. Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Litter With Herbal Essence
Dr. Elsey’s respiratory relief cat litter is our editor’s pick and helps to control respiratory problems in your cat. Because it does not produce any dust, and this product is completely hypoallergenic hence this is one of the best cat litters for cats with asthma.
Artificial perfumes, deodorants, or any plant proteins which may cause an attack, are not added to this cat litter. So this prevents your cat from any irritation caused by the fragrance.
A plus point about this product is that you don’t have to worry about the bad odor. Its natural essence in the litter helps to keep the surroundings fresh and allows your kitten to breathe easily.
Furthermore, it is hard clumping litter, which means you can easily scoop and clean the litter box.
- This litter includes herbal essence which is good for breathing.
- As compared to other products, this litter is long-lasting.
- It helps to trap the odor very well and prevent your cat from inhaling a bad odor.
- This product provides hard clumping that does not break down and makes cleaning easy.
- It does not come in a proper packaging box, which makes it difficult for the buyer.
3. Okocat Low-Dust Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter
We recommend you to check out this budget-friendly low-dust cat litter offered by the Okocat for asthmatic cats. It is made from natural wood fiber, and before adding it into the formula it is cleaned properly, which means it generates low dust.
Also, you will not find any artificial fragrances, dyes, toxins, or any other harmful chemicals which can lead to breathing issues for your asthmatic feline. Plus, the unpleasant odor will remain in the litter box only and will not spread to the surrounding area.
As we know, this low dust cat litter asthma product contains precious wood fiber, so it helps to absorb the liquid in contact and makes it easy to scoop clumps for better cleaning. It is lightweight in nature, so you can lift it up easily and pour it into the box.
- It has no artificial perfumes or any other harmful chemicals, which makes it a good choice for asthmatic cats.
- This cheapest best cat litter is ecological and good for the environment.
- A plus point of this product is that it does not produce any airborne dust.
- It helps to control the bad odor and keep the surroundings fresh.
- This litter does not provide proper tracking as compared to other ones.
4. Purina’s Yesterday Non-Clumping Paper Cat Litter
Yesterday’s News Litter is hypoallergenic, and dust-free, which is a good reason to buy this litter for asthmatic cats. It is made from recycled paper, which means it is environmentally friendly also.
This litter doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals, so it decreases your cat’s chance of getting breathing issues. It absorbs three times the moisture as compared to clay-based litter, which keeps the litter box fresh and clean.
This product provides you with an odor control feature, which helps to detect the bad smell and protect your cat’s respiratory system. No added artificial scents, which is good for an asthmatic cat as it provides peace of mind.
It is designed for low tracking in order that your feline will drop the litter where it belongs and not on the floors.
One more good reason to buy this dust-free cat litter asthma product is that it is affordable and can be used on a daily basis.
- This dust-free litter for cats with asthma is super eco-friendly as it is made from recycled paper.
- Helps to trap the bad odor and keep the room fresh and clean.
- It contains soft paper, which helps to create a dust-free environment for you and your cat.
- This litter has small particles and is designed for low tracking.
- While pouring, it scatters outside the box and makes the floor messy.
5. Dr. Elsey’s Precious Respiratory Relief Cat Litter
Dr. Elsey’s Precious Relief Cat Litter protects your cat’s respiratory system because it is designed especially for asthmatic cats. It is dust-free and contains no artificial perfumes or deodorants.
Its natural essence helps to reduce stress, which is a key factor in protecting your cat from breathing issues.
This litter for cats with asthma offers you odor control, so you and your kitty will not get a bad odor the whole day. It can be used in both mechanical and regular litter boxes.
It is advisable to clean the box in a gap of two-three days to keep your cat surrounding clean and protect your asthmatic feline from getting any asthma flare-ups in the future. And also wash your hands after using them for your health benefit.
- This litter contains dust-free formula along with natural essence for better breathing.
- Its hard clumping features make scooping and cleaning effortless.
- This clumping clay cat litter made from sodium bentonite is not acceptable because while they dig in the litter they inhale the sodium particles, which is not good for asthmatic cats as it directly affects their lungs.
- Too pricey as compared to other ones.
6. Naturally Fresh Cat Litter
The Naturally Fresh Pellet is a great choice for your little kitten. It doesn’t contain any clay-based ingredients and is made from a walnut shell. So this litter is biodegradable and super eco-friendly.
Furthermore, it comes virtually dust-free, so that your feline can breathe easily. It does not cling to your feline’s paws, so there will be no litter tracking on the grounds.
The Naturally Fresh cat litter can absorb up to seven times, and last three times longer than clay-based. Its non-clumping formula helps to control ammonia-causing odor more than other litters.
This cat litter for asthmatic cats helps to neutralize the odor and prevent your kitten from any smell irritation and helps them to breathe easily.
- This litter helps to get rid of the stinky smell from the room.
- It contains no toxic elements, so it is safe for your asthmatic feline as well as good for the environment and making it an eco-friendly product.
- It is hard to clean because litter scatters outside the box.
7. Multi-Cat Swheat Scoop Natural Clumping Litter
Swheat Scoop cat litter is made from naturally renewable wheat, it is biodegradable in nature. No harmful chemical is present, so you don’t have to worry about your cat’s health.
It has a long-lasting odor control feature and wheat starch present in the litter helps to fast clumping, so you can scoop the waste easier and keep your litter box clean and fresh.
No dyes or artificial fragrances are added to this litter, so for asthmatic cats, it is a good choice and can be used for multiple cat homes.
- This product contains no scented fragrances and makes it easy for your cat to breathe.
- It is a 100% biodegradable and planet-friendly product.
- Sometimes it is hard to clean as the litter gets stuck in a box, so try to check it on a daily basis.
How to Choose the Best Litter for Cats With Asthma?
As a pet owner, you must look after your cat’s health and monitor them regularly, and if you find any symptoms of asthma in cats, then immediately consult with the veterinarian for better results.
So before buying the litter for your cat, go through the following criteria which will help you to choose the best litters for cats with asthma.
It is advisable to always select the best quality litter and litter boxes for cats.
The litter which you will buy for your cat should be allergens-free. Make sure no artificial fragrances, deodorants are added to the litter because it will cause major issues to your cat’s respiratory/ immune system.
Normally, litters are made of different types of clay, but when you are buying it for your asthmatic kitty make sure it contains natural ingredients like wheat, plant material, walnut shell, recycled paper, etc.
It is advisable to go for natural cat litter because it generates low dust and helps to control the tracking and also absorb the bad odor effectively.
The litter which you are buying should be self-degradable. Because just dumping in your backyard or flushing it in the toilet is not helping you to keep the environment friendly. Nowadays, litter is made from recycled paper, and it is used in high demand to protect the environment.
One of the key factors to consider while buying is that it provides odor control. This will prevent your cat’s respiratory system from bad odor or intense scents. It will also keep your household fresh even if the litter box is not clean properly.
So before buying, make sure to check this factor and protect your cat from breathing a bad odor smell.
FAQs About Litter for Cats With Asthma
Which is the best litter for cats with asthma?
Dr. Elsey’s Precious Relief Cat Litter and Purina Yesterday’s News Litter are recommended as the best cat litter option for feline asthma. They are made from natural ingredients and do not contain any synthetic fragrances or toxic chemicals. These natural litters will help your cat’s respiratory system to function effectively.
How much does a litter for cats with asthma cost?
If you want a quality product for your cat which will protect her from causing future asthma attacks. Then go for the ones which offer you the best litter for cats with asthma, which will cost you anywhere from $8 to $26
Can cat litter cause respiratory problems?
Cats often lick themselves, after using the litter box, and it contains small ingesting pieces which may trigger your cat’s lungs and cause them respiratory issues. It is advisable to keep your cat litter box clean for her safety as it can lead to any other health issues also.
Does humidity make a cat’s asthma worse?
Humidity can worsen the air quality, it increases the dust mites which causes breathing issues. Even a drier atmosphere is not fit for your asthmatic cat. So it is advisable to purchase a humidifier that will protect you and your cat from respiratory issues.
How can I reduce my cat’s asthma?
Asthma cannot be cured totally in the case of cats, but yes we can reduce it by carefully monitoring their cold/cough issues, respiratory problems, keeping track of their medication properly, and choosing the best cat litter product. In this way, you can help your asthmatic cats to live a little longer.
Hopefully, our review list and key features on the best litter for cats with asthma have helped to grab your attention. We especially like ScoopFree by PetSafe Crystal Litter Box For Cats because it includes low-dust and hypoallergenic materials and plus it can absorb urine five times faster than other ones.
However, our second pick Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Litter With Herbal Essence cannot be ignored as its natural essence helps to keep the surroundings fresh and clean.
Here’s a tip for you, try to go for eco-friendly products which will not only help your cat but will save the environment also.
You can give a glance look at
- Small litter box for travel
- Best affordable automatic litter box
- Clumping cat litter for multiple cats