After trying high-brand quality commercial food still, your kitty’s indigestion issue is not resolved, wondering how to overcome this issue and give relief to your feline pal.
We have a solution for you, switch to homemade food, it’s a great option for felines suffering from sensitive stomach problems. This is because no fillers, preservatives, or chemicals are added to the homemade dish, and no such ingredients will be used which is allergic to your kitty.
Appropriate healthy homemade food will help to prevent symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, fever, etc.
Let’s dive in, and explore easy homemade cat food recipes for sensitive stomachs, and get in-depth details of health benefits for better knowledge.
Benefits of Cooking Homemade Cat Food for Sensitive Cats
Homemade food is always a good option, whether your feline is healthy or suffering from any diseases. However, if you wish to switch your sick feline’s diet to homemade, go for it as it will add benefits only, and control her health issues.
Here we have penned down a few benefits of homemade food, scroll down to get in-depth information before preparing a healthy meal for your feline pal.
As per research, it has been concluded that most felines encounter sensitive stomach issue because of the consumption of foods which does not suit their body. You have to be careful what you are bringing her to the table.
It’s better to seek a vet’s advice before switching to homemade food, they will guide you in terms of ingredients and nutrients requirement as per your kitty’s health. And which ingredients should be avoided to prevent her from any further allergics.
The benefits of serving homemade food to your feline with a sensitive stomach are that no such ingredients will be included, which can cause her health issue, and her diet will be monitored closely for a speedy recovery.
Control the Intake of Artificial Ingredients
Nowadays, many commercial cat foods are available in the market, plus categorized according to the kitty’s health criteria. But, one thing we can’t deny, these commercial products are not cent percent natural. It includes preservatives and chemicals to keep them long-lasting.
On the other hand, if you start preparing food for your kitty, you choose the ingredients, and ratio level according to her health requirements. Plus, no fillers, chemicals, or preservatives are added to the dish to give flavors.
This gives you mental satisfaction that your kitty is getting a quality diet, and will help in her speedy recovery from indigestion issues.
Improve Digestive System
Cats have the habit of eating kibbles like they demand treats more as compared to meals. Due to that, there are chances her stomach gets upset because their body is not getting sufficient ingredients that are required for easy digestion.
One of the benefits of serving homemade food to felines with a sensitive stomachs is that all-natural ingredients will be used. So directly she will be receiving essential nutrients.
Since no preservatives or chemicals are included it will not damage her immune system or digestive system, which will help to keep her healthy.
Essential Ingredients for Homemade Food
Now, that you know the benefits of homemade cat food, let’s check out the essential ingredients, which should not be skipped while preparing food for your kitty.
Especially, when she is suffering from indigestion issues, you have to be extra careful with her diet.
This is because if they will not receive an appropriate balanced diet, and you keep on serving the food that is allergenic for them, it will lead to health issues.
It’s better to have beforehand knowledge and serve your kitty according to her health.
Adding organs to your kitty’s meal is a great option because they are rich in vitamins and iron. For instance, the liver, kidney, heart, brain, thymus, pancreas, etc.
Nutrients like vitamin B12, A, B, iron, zinc, and potassium are found in organs. It is recommended to add to your kitty’s diet especially when she is suffering from health issues. It will help in boosting her immune system and improve her health.
However, overfeeding anything is not good for your kitty’s health. Similarly, organs should be added to your kitty’s diet but with minimal portions. Because it is also rich in cholesterol so serving a small proportion of them is more than enough.
Cats are obligate carnivores, which means their diet should include meat for their survival. One thing that should be kept in mind, while preparing homemade food for your kitty don’t forget to add meat as a main ingredient.
Not telling you to add meat to daily meals but at least alternative days. You can feed her both raw and cooked meat.
Meat is an excellent source of protein, which is best for your feline pal as their body required animal protein for healthy digestion. Plus, it is also rich in vitamin A, so feeding her meat as the main ingredient is the best option.
Preparing homemade food for your kitty means you can do variations as per your feline pal’s taste and health. If your kitty is suffering from sensitive stomach issues then one thing you can do is add supplements to her homemade dishes.
For instance, calcium, and vitamin supplement powder are easily available in the market, which you can add to her dish. So, nothing harm in buying these supplements it will only add nutrients and benefits to her body.
However, make sure you consult the vet before adding any supplements because according to your kitty’s health they will guide you, on which supplements should be added to her diet.
5 Easy Homemade Cat Food Recipes for Sensitive Stomach
If your cat is diagnosed with a sensitive stomach issue and continuously she is suffering from vomiting or diarrhea, then in such cases it’s better to switch from commercial food to homemade food.
This is because homemade food will be more effective. As it will include only natural ingredients, your kitty will be getting the exact amount of nutrients that her body needs for a speedy recovery. Only it might take time for your feline pal to adjust to their new homemade diet but it will be beneficiary to her health.
Here we have five easy-go healthy yet tasty homemade recipes, which you can easily prepare for your feline and help her to improve their immune system for healthy function of the body.
Recipe 1: Beef and Egg Stir Rice Bowl
- Boiling Pot
- Sharp knife, Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Storage container
- 1 Ounce Beef Steak
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 Piece Egg
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Take a bowling pot, add beef, and let it cook.
- Follow the same with brown rice.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg and beat it well.
- Once the beef steak is boiled enough bring it to room temperature, and strain out the water for later usage.
- Now take a wok, and grease it well with olive oil, followed by chopped boiled beef steak, and beaten egg.
- Mix all the ingredients well to enhance the flavors, now add remaining beef stock to give liquid texture to your kitty's healthy meal.
- Let it simmer for a while then turn turn off the flame and dish is ready to serve.
Recipe 2: Chicken Oatmeal Bowl
|Dark Chicken Meat||1 Ounce|
|Sweet Potato||1 Piece|
|Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||As per requirement|
- Bring dark chicken meat to boiling until it’s soft enough to cut down into pieces.
- Peel off the sweet potato, and keep it to boil for a few minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is boiled enough, bring it to room temperature, and mash it finely with the help of a masher.
- Now, take a mixer grinder, and add boiled chopped dark chicken meat, followed by oatmeal and mashed sweet potato.
- After all the boiling and grinding procedures, let’s shift to the cooking part. Take a saucepan, and grease them well with olive oil, followed by fine grind boiled ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients well, and let it simmer for a while to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- Your kitty’s chicken oatmeal bowl is ready to serve.
Recipe 3: Beef Hot Pot
|Ground Beef||1 Ounce|
|Chicken Liver||1/2 Ounce|
|Chicken Heart||1/2 Ounce|
|Chicken Wings||1/2 Ounce|
|Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
- Boil ground beef in lukewarm water.
- Take another boiling pot, and add water, followed by chicken liver, heart, and wings. Let it boil for a few minutes until it becomes soft enough to eat.
- Once the ingredients are boiled enough, bring them to room temperature, and chop them finely.
- Take a cooking pot, and grease them well with olive oil, and add chopped boiled ingredients.
- Now mix all the ingredients well to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- Let it cook on a low flame for a few minutes, so that you can serve the hot tempting dish to your kitty.
- Once the cooking procedure is completed, bring it to medium room temperature.
- Now, let your kitty enjoy the taste of beef hot pot.
Recipe 4: Turkey and Rice
|Ground Turkey||1 Ounce|
|Brown Rice||1 Cup|
|Vitamin Supplements||1 Tablespoon|
- Take a boiling pot add water, followed by turkey, and keep it on a low flame to cook it well.
- Meanwhile, keep brown rice to cook in another utensil.
- Once the turkey is boiled enough bring it to room temperature, and then drain off the excess water.
- Now take a mixer grinder jar and place boiled turkey, followed by 1/2 cup boiled brown rice, and grind them well until they form a fine paste.
- Take a cooking pot, add grind boiled turkey and rice paste, followed by a vitamin supplements powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well, before serving to your kitty. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator it won’t get soiled.
Recipe 5: Chicken Tuna Duo
|Dark Chicken Meat||2 Ounces|
|Sweet Potato||1 Piece|
|Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vitamin Supplement Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
- Fill a boiling pot with water, add tuna and let it simmer until it gets soft to eat.
- Follow the same procedure in a different utensil with dark chicken meat and sweet potato.
- Once the sweet potato is boiled enough bring it to room temperature, mash it finely with the help of a masher, and keep it aside.
- Take tuna and dark chicken meat, and chop them finely so that your kitty can eat them easily.
- Now, take a saucepan, and grease it well with olive oil, add mashed sweet potato, followed by boiled tuna and dark chicken meat.
- Add vitamin supplement powder mix it well and let them simmer for a while to get the flavors.
- After bringing it to room temperature you can serve healthy chicken tuna duo to your kitty.
Can cats eat scrambled eggs?
Eggs are highly digestible and are enriched with nutrients like amino acids and protein. You can safely feed her scrambled or boiled eggs. However, make sure that you serve her eggs in a minimum ratio and do not add extra top-on, or else it will lead to digestive issues.
Is rice good for cats?
Yes, your kitty can have rice in small proportions, it is non-toxic, and won’t harm her digestive system. Anything overfed is harmful so if you want to add rice to your kitty’s diet. add small amount it is more than enough.
What causes sensitive stomachs in cats?
Allergies and indigestion of food can lead to sensitive stomach issues in cats. This happens mostly due to the consumption of food and ingredients, which are allergic to your feline but still, she is consuming it in the proper ratio. So, you have to be careful regarding her diet, which ingredients suit her digestive health, and her diet accordingly.
Oh! You made it to the last paragraph.
That’s great, which means you really liked reading our easy homemade cat food recipes for sensitive stomachs.
So, confidently we were able to serve you the appropriate recipes as per your requirements.
Furthermore, after reading our blog now you have fruitful knowledge regarding the benefits of homemade food and essential ingredients. Which should be included while preparing healthy homemade food for your kitty.
Here’s a piece of advice for you, consult the vet and prepare a chart regarding ingredients your feline is allergic to. This will serve her allergy-free healthy dish for a speedy recovery.
Try out these easy healthy recipes and feed your kitty. Happy feeding!