Getting that perfect clippers for persian cat breeds are not any easy task. Persian cats are known for thick, long-haired coat and fine fur, prone to get matted and tangled easily.
Ultimatley, we will need ideal clippers for long-haired cats which are known for extra power compared to standard clippers.
Choosing the wrong clipper means you won’t be able to maintain that beautiful coat of persian cat. At the end, you will need a trip to the groomer for matted and tangled hair. Let me tell you that those grooming sessions are not budget friendly and time-consuming.
We have reviewed products which provides power that matches professional-grade clippers and saves your time and money.
A Quick Look at our Favorites of 2023
Which are the Best Pet Clippers for Persian Cats?
As Persian cat parents, we are liable to provide best grooming with perfect clipper to our sweet and gentle Persian.
In short, the best clippers for long-haired cats like Persian are Oneisall Cat Shaver Clippers, Oster Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Clipper, and Wahl Clipper Pet-Pro Grooming Kit.
You need a clipper that is suitable for her hair type and we have 7 best options of clippers for Persian cats.
1. Wahl Bravura Professional Cordless Cat Clipper – Best Overall
Wahl Bravura is the best Cordless Clippers For Persian Cats because it comes with professional-quality motor for thick and long-haired coat, motor runs quietly and smoothly, the blade is adjustable, and comes with a full set of guide combs.
Wahl is popular and trusted brand used by many professional groomers. Branded products ensures high standards.
Wahl Bravura comes with conveniently cordless clipper kit which is very useful as persians moves around because of distress. It ensures freedom from inconvenience of being tethered to a wall outlet.
Long-haired coat means extra grooming times and lithium ion powered battery of Wahl clipper ensures that it lasts for the entire session of grooming. The long run times of 90 minutes and ability to use as a corded unit while charging means no lost clipping time.
As it is long-lasting, it has to be suitable for all hair types. Your Persian cat can have thick to mild hair whose density depends upon the gap between grooming sessions.
The powerful motor powers up to 5,500 SPM and runs quietly and smoothly which makes it perfect clipper for matted cats.
- Blade: 5-in-1 adjustable blade
- Motor: powers up to 5,500 SPM (strokes per minute)
- Body: Easy to Hold and Lightweight
- Powered: Lithium battery, use while charging
- Guide comb: 6 Plastic Attachment Guide Combs
- Noise: Low
- Vibration: Low
- Charge Time: Quick charge of 60 minutes
- Run Time: 90 minutes
- Warranty: One-year limited professional warranty
The clipper comes with a 5-in-1 adjustable stainless steel blade between sizes 40, 30, 15, 10, and 9 and it is great for length adjustments and quick, easy trimming.
As it is long-lasting, it has to be suitable for all hair types. Your Persian cat can have thick to mild hair whose density depends upon the gap between grooming sessions.
It is so necessary to have quick recharge feature as you don’t have to go running towards the charger frequently. It takes 60 minutes for the clipper to recharge.
You can use it on the face, feet, and other sensitive areas on the Persian’s body. Just make sure that if you have a small Persian cat, light body clipping is necessary, and for bigger size cats medium-sized.
This professional clipper from Wahl comes in vibrant colors including turquoise, gunmetal, berry, burgundy, pink, and purple.
However, If you are looking for Clipper for Mats, you might find other better option.
To conclude, we think this is the overall best clipper for Persian Cats.
- This Persian cat clippers come in so many vibrant colors, such as purple, berry, turquoise, and gunmetal.
- Lithium-ion battery makes the clipper both long-lasting and sturdy.
- Professional cat grooming clippers for Persian cat is suitable for all hair types of Persian cats, thick to mild hair.
- This Persian cat grooming clippers come With 5-in-1 blade adjusts between sizes 9, 10, 15, 30, and 40, comes with attachment guide combs.
- Wahl professional animal bravura pet clipper might not work for dogs with thick hairs, as it is suitable only for cats with longer hairs.
2. Oster A5 Golden 2-Speed Pet Grooming Clippers – Editor’s Choice
Oster Turbo A5 Professional Clipper is our premium choice Clipper for Persian cats because it comes with a two-speed clipper, the heavy-duty metal body, works on the toughest mats, and is known as virtually unbreakable.
This clipper is so versatile when it comes to grooming your Persian cat. The long hair of this breed makes it so difficult for us to regularly groom them. This clipper offers us a two-speed setting so that we can adjust according to our needs.
For you to shave delicate areas of your hairy feline, you can keep it on the low, higher speed setting allows you to more racing trims and full body shave downs.
You can kick down thick fur so easily and efficiently without putting many efforts.
- Blade: Includes 10 Blade.
- Motor: Speeds of between 2,100 and 2,700 SPM (Universal rotary motor)
- Body: Heavy
- Powered: Corded Clipper
- Guide comb: doesn’t include combs
- Noise: Medium Noise
- Vibration: Medium Vibration
- Charge Time: Not Applicable
- Run Time: Not Applicable
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty and Made in the USA
Saves you from the agony of chewing down the clipper during or after grooming sessions, makes it more durable, and gives you time to trim down easily.
The best thing about any product is the accessories! Yes, they come with Universal guide combs, they allow your cat a salon-like treatment at home.
However, it is not one of the fastest clippers available and comes with Power cord and Heavy body. But, it is affordable option.
- These clippers for long hair cats are so versatile when it comes to grooming your Persian cat.
- Clippers for Persian cats offers us a two-speed setting so that we can adjust according to our needs.
- Elements the thick fur so easily and efficiently without putting many efforts and hurting the cat’s skin.
- Chew proof as it is made up of durable material, make grooming sessions easy.
- long hair cat clippers does come with accessories such as universal guide combs, but you are sold separately.
3. Wahl Clipper Pet-Pro Grooming Kit – Best Value
The Wahl clipper pet-pro grooming kit is our third pick, your Persian cutesy! Tremendous quality, high carbon stainless steel blades, which keep the blade sharp enough for a much longer time. And as it remains sharp, you have very little to worry about.
This pet-pro Clipper kit understands that not everyone is a grooming professional and which might confuse them when it comes to determining the right size attachment, that’s why these clippers come with colored attachment guards!
The color attachment guard will eradicate your confusion, give you a proper and easy way to remember which length to keep. With all these qualities it is also noise-free which makes your cat free from any sort of anxiety or stress.
Heavy-duty powerdrive motor, to take care of heavy coats such that of Persian cats. The adjustable taper lever allows you to customize cutting lengths.
To accommodate all breeds, sizes, and types of fur, of both cats and dogs.
- Blades are made up of High carbon stainless steel, which keep the blade sharp enough for a much longer time.
- These clippers for Persian cats come with colored attachment guards for better understanding of the right size attachment.
- Noise-free, so that your cat grooming sessions would be free from any sort of anxiety or stress.
- Heavy-duty powerdrive motor, to take care of heavy coats such that of Persian cats.
- The adjustable taper lever permits you to customize cutting lengths.
- This kit also comes with a cleaning brush and comb attachments.
- Some customers have stated that they do make a bit of a noise.
4. Andis 22340 Proclip 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
Andis 22340 proclip, is not just cool looking but with that, it is also very pocket friendly. The biggest advantage they offer you are being quiet. Most of the time, the sound which other brand clippers produce is painful and unbearable for the ears of both cats and cat owners.
While grooming your cat at home looks no easy job with all those hairs getting stuck in the blades, making you spend hours of cleaning. A feature where you can detach the blades easily gives you a better cleaning option, you can wipe off all those stuck hair effortlessly.
These clippers for Persian cats come with both options, corded and cordless, which makes them super handy, easy to carry, and a moving salon for your cat!
The speed setting will help you to target sensitive as well as other areas without facing any difficulties.
Persians are popular for their thick and long fur, they do need clippers with a better and long-lasting motor, no one knows how long it would take to cut high-volume hair.
Ceramic edge provides your cat a smoother run than that of steel, with definitely less irritation.
- Andis 22340 proclip, is not just cool looking but with that, it is also very pocket friendly.
- They don’t make annoying sound, quieter than other brands which produce painful and unbearable for the ears of both cats and cat owners.
- Detachable blades, easily give you a better cleaning option, you can wipe off all those stuck hair effortlessly.
- You get both options, corded and cordless, which makes them super handy, easy to carry, and a moving salon for your cat!
- Ceramic edge, provides your cat a smoother run than that of steel, with definitely less irritation.
- Andis 22340 Proclip 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper comes with only one blade, which might be quite difficult to manage running on different parts of your cat. You can buy andis ultraedge detachable blade to resolve this issue.
5. Oster Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Cat Clipper
Last but not the least, Oster volt lithium-ion cordless pet clippers for Persian cats come with a detachable battery that works up to two hours with just a single charge. It is designed in such a way that you can use five different types of blades, depending on the texture of your cat’s fur.
The lithium-ion battery is so powerful that you can achieve whatever you were planning on your cat’s fur. Speed rotary motor 2400 SPM.
That is why it is ideal for removing even the toughest matted fur. This clipper can be used by professionals as well as pet owners.
- Oster volt lithium-ion cordless pet clipper comes with a detachable battery that works up to two hours with just a single charge.
- You can use five different types of blades for your cat, depending on the texture of fur.
- Speed rotary motor 2400 SPM, clippers with detachable lithium-ion battery for your Persian cat’s grooming.
- Can be used by professionals as well as pet owners.
- This clipper comes with five different blades, but that is sold separately.
6. Oneisall Cat Shaver Clippers
Oneisall cat shaver clipper is our top pick of the year, mainly because one can tell its multiple qualities just by having a glimpse of it. Besides looking attractive with colors such as rose, gold, navy, silver, and white, it is very versatile.
The noise it makes while working is not more than 50db, which is not only a relief for the ears of pet owners but also their pets.
- Blade: stainless steel fixed blade and ceramic moving blade
- Powered: Rechargeable
- Guide comb: 6 guard combs
- Noise: 50 db (ultra quiet)
- Vibration: Low
- Charge Time: 80 Minutes
One of the most important features as we face a lot of issues while the grooming sessions, cats are less tamable than dogs, which makes it even more difficult if the noise is too loud.
Being aware of the fact that it might take more time than needed when you are trimming your cats’ hair, especially when we forget to charge the clippers, a big pause comes in your way! And it takes a lot of effort to set the atmosphere again.
Built-in Li-ion battery, comes with a rechargeable wireless cord so that if it gets discharged in between the grooming session, you can continue with simply plugging in the charger! Yes, you heard it right, it’s completely safe to use while charging.
With the blade being so sharp you can use it longer than your average clipper, it won’t go blunt that easily!
As you have Persian breed, you need this, the best clippers for Persian cats because they have long and thick hair, which might absorb more life out of any other random clipper!
- Oneisall cat shaver clipper comes in attractive colors such as rose, gold, navy, silver, and white. It is also very versatile.
- The noise it makes while working is not more than 50db, which is not too loud.
- Comes with a rechargeable wireless cord so that if it gets discharged in between the grooming session won’t stop.
- The blade is sharper than any other clippers, which also forbids it from getting blunt, gives you great durability for long term use!
- This clipper for Persian cat is our top pick because even after heavy research we could not grab a single negative review about it.
7. Wahl Professional Animal Arco Pet
Wahl Professional Animal Arco Pet clippers for Persian cats are officially intended to reach areas such as ears, faces, and paws, every cat owner struggles while cleaning them.
Wahl professional animal acro pet is cordless, which makes it easier to move without any hassle. Perfect for cats who love troubling their owners during the grooming sessions.
The most common reason why we don’t prefer to groom our cats at home, especially when the cat is Persian because they have very long, silky double-coat which makes everything messier. With zero maintenance of the motor, it gets less of a heap.
Eighty minutes run time with 70 minutes of required charging time. And you can enjoy 2-3 grooming sessions with your cats without any hurdle.
Being lightweight is such a relaxing feature, you would never complain of experiencing wrist fatigue. Making it ideal for particularly this breed, who required a lot of time and energy while removing the excessive and long hairs.
- Easily reach areas such as ears, faces, and paws, every cat owner struggles while cleaning them.
- Wahl professional animal acro pet is cordless, which makes it easier to move without any hassle.
- The motor requires zero maintenance, which make less of a heap.
- Eighty minutes run time with 70 minutes of required charging time, which means 2-3 grooming sessions with your cats without any hurdle.
- Wahl Professional Animal Arco Pet is lightweight which prevent wrist fatigue.
- Wahl professional animal arco pet is not suitable for dogs with thick hairs, as it is suitable only for cats with longer hairs.
How to Choose the Perfect Clippers for Persian Cats
A grooming session is one of the many things, any cat hates, undoubtedly. Especially the Persian cats, who have longer and thicker hair! We had selected the best clippers suitable for this breed. What your job is to make sure you go through the following points for a better experience.
Cords vs Batteries
Cords and batteries both are very useful when it comes to clippers!
Cords need to be attached to the plug, you can get a continuous supply of electricity without worrying about charging. So it might be difficult for people who have a table set far from the plug. It can even get discharged if you try to move back and forth. That’s the only issue with clippers with cords.
On the other hand, cordless clippers for Persian cats will work on batteries, and it removes all the moment restrictions! Gives you full independence. This tends to be more handy and easy to use than a corded clipper! The only battle you need to fight is that of charging, need to keep track of battery life.
The decision is yours to make!
Power is the main feature to focus on because any clipper can make a buzzing sound, only a few know how to work! With breed such as Persian cats who have long and thick hair, high power clipper is a must-have for optimal use.
A high-power clipper allows you to control the speed with just one press, if you’re using it on the sensitive areas of your cat then you need to keep the speed low, opposite for areas with heavy growth. Clippers for Persian cats with less power might make it painful for your poor kitty!
We understand that a machine is after all a robot, you can’t ask him to shut up while you are cleaning your pet! But the noise should not be as such that it scares your cat away, making it harder and harder to corporate. That’s why you need to make sure a clipper should be less noisy.
Quiet cat clippers for Persian cats will help the cat to stay calm when she is already having panic attacks due to the grooming sessions! We all know how much cats hate the whole cleaning session.
Earlier, few clippers generated the concept of multiple blades, but today pet owners don’t just need this feature, we badly want it! Multiple blades allow you to choose the right one for the right situation and condition for your cat’s hair, especially when the cat’s breed is Persian!
For areas such as paws and face, you can’t possibly use the same blade without hurting your cat, the last thing a pet lover would want! It would be much better if they come as an add-on with clippers, or else you have to purchase it separately, which will cost you a lot of time and research.
FAQs about Clippers for Persian Cats
Which is the best clipper for Persian cats?
Our top pick is Oneisall cat shaver clippers, largely because it has multiple qualities which you can notice just by having a glimpse of it. Besides looking attractive, it comes in aesthetic colors such as rose, gold, navy, silver, and white.
Does not produce a sound of more than 50db, provides a safer medium to charge the clipper even in use.
How much does a clipper for Persian cats cost?
A clipper for a Persian cat has starting range from, $29.97 to $220. If you are on a budget and want to choose the best yet least expensive, you need to go for Wahl Clipper Pet-Pro Grooming Kit.
Just like that, if you are willing to spend more dollars on your cat to give her the best, the Oster volt lithium-ion cordless pet clipper is the most expensive and one of the best clippers.
Are clippers better than trimmers for Persian cats?
Yes, clippers are better than trimmers for Persian cats, because the trimmers are for edging, outlining, and light shaping on smaller areas such as ears, paws, and tail.
And a clipper on the other hand is for cutting long hair. So you need a clipper for your Persian cats, as they are better than trimmers.
How often do I need to oil Clipper blades?
Oiling is the best way to keep your clipper blades sharper. This will not just help you in keeping the clipper alive for a longer period, will also maintain a good performance. Just put few drops of oil into the blades and don’t forget to wipe off the excessive blade oil.
Owing, a Persian cat definitely requires high maintenance and regular grooming, ignoring this might just destroy the lovely fur, as it gets tangled easily. You need to invest in a lot of research as well as money for selecting the best clippers for Persian cats.
We have done the research for you! Now all you need to do is select the suitable one for your lovely little Persian cat.
Make sure you know the difference between a clipper and a trimmer, you need a clipper for your Persian breed as it works for long hair.
2 thoughts on “The 7 Best Clippers for Persian Cats of 2023”
I’m so confused what clipper to buy that goes through thick matted Persian cats without the clipper having troubles going through the thick Matt. What clippers would you suggest?
The Oster A5 Golden 2-Speed Pet Grooming Clippers is the best clipper for Persian cats with thick matted fur.